TA.. Breaking:"After dinner, Lynette and Brooke got into a heated argument. Larry quickly stepped in to calm them down. But the family drama was just beginning!

Breaking:"After dinner, Lynette and Brooke got into a heated argument. Larry quickly stepped in to calm them down. But the family drama was just beginning!


The family dinner had finally come to an end.

For a few minutes, everything seemed peaceful.

Everyone had finished eating, the plates were being cleared from the table, and Larry was sitting back in his chair enjoying the rare moment when nobody was arguing.

Brooke was helping clean up when Lynette walked into the kitchen.

At first, neither of them said anything.

But there was clearly tension between them.

Lynette looked at Brooke and said,

“So, are you really going to pretend nothing happened earlier?”

Brooke stopped what she was doing.

“What are you talking about?”

Lynette crossed her arms.

“You know exactly what I'm talking about.”

Brooke sighed.

“If you have something to say, just say it.”

Lynette shook her head.

“You always have an attitude.”

Brooke immediately became defensive.

“And you always think you're right!”

The conversation quickly turned into an argument.

Lynette stepped closer.

“I was only trying to help this family.”

Brooke responded,

“Nobody asked you to!”

Lynette looked shocked.

“Excuse me?”

“You heard me.”

Larry, who was still sitting in the dining room, suddenly heard their voices getting louder.

He stood up.

“What's going on?”

Neither woman answered.

Lynette pointed toward Brooke.

“She just disrespected me!”

Brooke immediately replied,

“Because she came in here accusing me of something!”

Larry stepped between them.

“Okay! Everybody calm down.”

But neither of them was ready to stop.

Lynette said,

“Larry, you need to talk to Brooke. She thinks she can talk to everybody however she wants.”

Brooke shook her head.

“Don't put this on me!”

Larry raised his voice.

“BROOKE!”

She stopped.

Larry looked at both of them.

“This is exactly what I was trying to avoid tonight.”

Brooke folded her arms.

“I didn't start this.”

Lynette responded,

“Of course you didn't.”

Brooke turned around.

“See! That's exactly what I'm talking about!”

Larry quickly stepped between them again.

“Enough!”

The room became silent.

Larry took a deep breath.

“We just finished dinner. Why are we fighting already?”

Lynette looked at Brooke.

“Because some things need to be said.”

Larry asked,

“Like what?”

Lynette hesitated.

Then she said,

“I don't trust Brooke.”

Brooke's face immediately changed.

“What?”

Larry looked surprised.

“Why would you say that?”

Lynette continued,

“Because every time this family starts getting peaceful, something happens.”

Brooke stepped forward.

“And you're blaming me?”

Lynette nodded.

“I'm saying you have a lot to do with it.”

Brooke became furious.

“You don't know everything I've been through!”

Lynette replied,

“And you don't know everything I've been through either!”

Larry raised both hands.

“Stop!”

For a moment, everyone was quiet.

Then Brooke's voice became softer.

“Dad, why does everyone keep treating me like I'm the problem?”

Larry looked at her.

“I'm not saying you're the problem.”

“Then defend me!”

Larry sighed.

“I am trying to keep everyone from making this worse.”

Brooke wiped her eyes.

“You always say that, but nobody ever listens to how I feel.”

Larry looked heartbroken.

Lynette's expression softened slightly.

“I didn't mean to hurt you.”

Brooke looked at her.

“But you did.”

Lynette didn't know what to say.

Larry walked over and put a hand on Brooke's shoulder.

“Come here.”

Brooke stepped closer.

Larry said,

“You're my daughter. I love you. But you also have to understand that everybody in this family has feelings.”

Brooke nodded.

“I know.”

Larry turned toward Lynette.

“And you have to understand that Brooke is going through things too.”

Lynette nodded slowly.

“Okay.”

It looked like the argument was finally over.

But then a loud knock came from the front door.

Everyone looked toward the hallway.

Larry frowned.

“Who could that be?”

Nobody answered.

The knocking came again.

This time, harder.

Brooke looked at Larry.

“Are you expecting somebody?”

Larry shook his head.

“No.”

Lynette whispered,

“Maybe you should check.”

Larry walked toward the door.

He opened it.

His expression immediately changed.

Someone was standing outside.

Larry stared at the unexpected visitor.

“What are you doing here?”

Brooke and Lynette walked closer.

Brooke looked confused.

“Dad, who is that?”

Larry didn't answer.

The visitor looked past Larry and said,

“I came because there's something this family needs to know.”

Everyone froze.

Lynette looked at Brooke.

Brooke looked at Larry.

Larry stepped outside and quietly closed the door behind him.

Brooke immediately became suspicious.

“Why did Dad go outside?”

Lynette whispered,

“I don't know.”

A few seconds later, Larry opened the door again.

His face looked completely different.

Brooke asked,

“What happened?”

Larry took a deep breath.

“We need to talk.”

Brooke's heart started racing.

“About what?”

Larry looked at everyone.

“About something that happened before dinner.”

Lynette's eyes widened.

“Larry…”

He nodded.

“Yes.”

Brooke looked between them.

“What are you not telling me?”

Larry remained silent.

The room suddenly felt heavier than it had during the argument.

Brooke stepped forward.

“Dad, please. Just tell me the truth.”

Larry finally said,

“There is something I found out tonight…”

He paused.

“And it could change everything.”

Brooke's face went pale.

Lynette looked down.

And suddenly, the argument between Lynette and Brooke no longer seemed like the biggest problem in the house.

Because whatever Larry had just discovered…

was about to turn the entire family upside down.

Comments