TA 🚨 Breaking: Larry is trying to get Brooke out of the way so he can hand Bethany the divorce papers.
Chapter 1 — Larry Has A Secret Plan
The house was unusually tense that morning.
Larry had been carrying an envelope around since early morning, and every time Bethany came near him, he quickly put it away.
Brooke noticed.
She knew something was wrong.
"Dad, what's in that envelope?"
Larry immediately became serious.
"Nothing you need to worry about."
Brooke stared at him.
"That's exactly what people say when there's something I need to worry about."
Larry sighed.
He finally admitted that the envelope contained the divorce papers he planned to give Bethany.
Brooke was shocked.
"You haven't given them to her yet?"
"No."
"Why?"
Larry looked toward the hallway.
"Because I need to talk to her privately."
Brooke understood immediately.
Larry didn't want her there when he handed Bethany the papers.
But Larry had another problem.
He needed Brooke out of the house first.
Chapter 2 — Larry Gives Brooke An Excuse To Leave
Larry approached Brooke with a calm expression.
"Brooke, I need you to do me a favor."
"What kind of favor?"
"I need you to run a few errands."
Brooke immediately became suspicious.
"Right now?"
"Yeah."
Brooke looked at the envelope Larry had been hiding.
Then she smiled.
"Dad, you're trying to get me out of here."
Larry didn't answer.
Brooke laughed.
"So you can give Bethany the divorce papers?"
Larry finally admitted it.
"I just need some privacy."
Brooke shook her head.
"Fine. But don't worry."
Larry looked confused.
Brooke continued:
"Bethany already knows something is coming."
Larry's face changed.
"What do you mean?"
Brooke shrugged.
"She just doesn't know what."
Then Brooke walked toward Bethany's room.
Larry suddenly realized this was becoming much more complicated than he expected.
Chapter 3 — Brooke Tells Bethany Not To Worry
Bethany was packing a few things into a bag when Brooke walked in.
"Bethany?"
Bethany turned around.
"What's wrong?"
Brooke looked at the bag.
"You're leaving?"
Bethany nodded.
"I think I need some space."
Brooke smiled sadly.
"Don't worry about it."
Bethany looked confused.
"About what?"
Brooke lowered her voice.
"Just enjoy the free ride."
Bethany frowned.
"What free ride?"
Brooke pointed toward the driveway.
"Dad is trying to get me out of the house so he can talk to you."
Bethany immediately understood.
"The divorce papers?"
Brooke nodded.
Bethany became quiet.
Brooke placed a hand on her shoulder.
"Whatever happens, don't panic."
Bethany looked at her.
"You sound like you know something."
Brooke hesitated.
"I know enough to tell you that today isn't going to go the way Dad thinks."
Chapter 4 — Bethany Decides To Leave
Bethany picked up her bag.
Larry saw her coming downstairs.
"Where are you going?"
Bethany calmly replied:
"Out."
Larry looked surprised.
"I thought we needed to talk."
"We do."
Bethany looked at the envelope in his hand.
"But maybe you should say what you came to say first."
Larry froze.
Brooke stood near the doorway, watching everything.
Larry slowly placed the envelope on the table.
"Bethany, this isn't easy."
Bethany nodded.
"I know."
She took a deep breath.
"If you've made your decision, I'm not going to beg you to change it."
Larry looked down.
But before he could hand her the papers...
Brooke suddenly interrupted.
"Dad."
Larry turned.
"What?"
Brooke pointed toward the front window.
"There's a car outside."
Everyone looked.
A dark vehicle was parked across the street.
Someone was sitting inside.
Watching the house.
Chapter 5 — The Stranger Outside
Larry immediately walked toward the window.
The car didn't move.
Bethany became nervous.
"Do you know them?"
Larry shook his head.
Brooke pulled out her phone.
"I've seen that car before."
Larry turned around.
"When?"
"In Chicago."
Larry's expression changed.
"What?"
Brooke nodded.
"The same car was near me when I was getting those messages."
Bethany stepped closer.
"So someone followed you here?"
Brooke didn't answer.
Suddenly, the car started moving.
It slowly passed the house.
Larry watched it disappear around the corner.
Then his phone buzzed.
A message appeared:
"Don't give Bethany those papers yet."
Larry stared at the screen.
Bethany noticed his reaction.
"What did they say?"
Larry didn't answer.
Brooke stepped closer.
"Show us."
Larry handed her the phone.
Brooke read the message.
Then her face went pale.
Because another message arrived.
"The divorce papers aren't the reason Bethany is leaving."
Chapter 6 — Bethany Reveals Her Real Reason
Everyone looked at Bethany.
Larry asked:
"What does that mean?"
Bethany slowly sat down.
"I was going to tell you something."
Larry became impatient.
"Tell me."
Bethany looked at Brooke.
Then back at Larry.
"I wasn't planning to leave because of the divorce."
Larry was stunned.
"Then why?"
Bethany reached into her bag.
She pulled out a small folder.
"I found these."
Larry opened it.
Inside were screenshots of conversations, photographs, and a list of dates.
Brooke recognized some of them.
"These are the same messages I've been getting."
Bethany nodded.
"Exactly."
Larry looked confused.
"So you've both been receiving messages?"
Bethany nodded.
"Someone has been trying to make us turn against each other."
Larry looked at the divorce papers.
For the first time, he questioned whether he was making the right decision.
But then Bethany said something that shocked everyone.
"I know who started it."
Chapter 7 — The Name Nobody Expected
Larry stared at Bethany.
"Who?"
Bethany didn't answer immediately.
She looked toward the front door.
"I don't know if we're safe talking about it here."
Brooke whispered:
"Just say the name."
Bethany finally took out one photograph.
It showed someone meeting the mysterious person outside a restaurant.
Larry stared at it.
His expression completely changed.
"No way."
Brooke looked at him.
"You know them?"
Larry nodded slowly.
"It's someone we've trusted."
Bethany said:
"That's why I didn't tell you."
Larry looked angry.
"You should've told me."
"I tried."
Larry became quiet.
Bethany continued:
"Every time I tried, something happened. Another message. Another photograph. Another warning."
Brooke suddenly noticed something on the back of the photograph.
She turned it over.
There was a date written there.
It was the exact date Larry had first started talking about divorce.
Brooke looked at her father.
"Dad..."
Larry looked at her.
"This started before you ever decided to give Bethany those papers."
Chapter 8 — The Divorce Papers Become The Clue
Larry slowly picked up the divorce papers.
He looked at them differently now.
"Wait."
Bethany asked:
"What?"
Larry examined the documents.
"There was something strange about these."
Brooke stepped closer.
"What?"
Larry pointed to one section.
"Somebody sent me information before I signed anything."
Bethany's eyes widened.
"What information?"
Larry pulled out his phone.
He showed them an old message.
It had told him that Bethany had supposedly been hiding something from him.
But now Larry realized the message contained details that only someone close to the family could have known.
Brooke whispered:
"Someone wanted you to divorce Bethany."
Larry nodded.
"And they wanted me to believe it was my own decision."
Bethany looked heartbroken.
"So all this time..."
Larry looked at her.
"I don't know yet."
Then someone knocked on the door.
Three slow knocks.
Everyone froze.
Chapter 9 — The Person At The Door
Larry walked toward the door.
Brooke whispered:
"Dad, don't open it."
The knocking came again.
Larry looked through the window.
Nobody was there.
He opened the door slightly.
A small envelope lay on the doorstep.
Larry picked it up.
Inside was a photograph.
It showed Larry holding the divorce papers.
But the photograph had been taken from inside the house.
Larry's face went pale.
"Someone was here."
Brooke immediately locked the door.
Bethany looked terrified.
Then Larry found one final note.
It read:
"Give Bethany the papers, and everything you've been trying to protect will disappear."
Larry crumpled the note.
"No."
Bethany looked at him.
"What are you going to do?"
Larry stared at the divorce papers.
Then he slowly tore them in half.
Everyone gasped.
Brooke couldn't believe it.
"Dad!"
Larry shook his head.
"I'm not signing anything until I know the truth."
But just as everyone thought the situation was over...
Larry's phone rang.
The caller ID showed a familiar name.
Chapter 10 — The Call That Changes Everything 😱🔥
Larry answered.
Nobody spoke on the other end.
Then a familiar voice finally said:
"You shouldn't have torn those papers."
Larry froze.
Bethany immediately recognized the voice.
Brooke looked at her.
"You know who that is?"
Bethany whispered:
"Yes."
Larry put the call on speaker.
The voice continued:
"You think the divorce was the plan?"
Larry said:
"Then what was?"
A long silence followed.
Then the person replied:
"Getting Bethany out of the house."
Everyone froze.
Bethany's eyes widened.
Brooke looked at Larry.
"So the divorce papers were just a distraction?"
The caller laughed quietly.
"Exactly."
Larry demanded:
"Why do you want Bethany gone?"
The caller responded:
"Because there's something inside that house she was about to find."
Larry immediately looked around.
"What?"
The call ended.
For several seconds, nobody moved.
Then Brooke suddenly remembered something.
"The folder."
Bethany looked at her.
"What?"
Brooke pointed toward the upstairs hallway.
"When I came downstairs earlier, I saw someone had moved your old storage box."
Larry immediately rushed upstairs.
Bethany and Brooke followed.
Inside the storage box was a hidden compartment.
Larry opened it.
There was a small key inside.
And underneath the key...
was a photograph of the entire family.
On the back were four words:
"The truth is underneath."
Larry looked at Bethany.
Bethany looked at Brooke.
And Brooke whispered:
"Dad... I think the divorce papers were never the real story."
Larry slowly looked toward the floor.
Because underneath the house...
someone had hidden something they desperately didn't want this family to find.
TO BE CONTINUED…
Comments
Post a Comment