SR Larry Goes to Marriage Counseling for the First Time—But Something About Her First Client Feels Strange!
Larry Goes to Marriage Counseling for the First Time—But Something About Her First Client Feels Strange!
Larry had finally reached a point where he knew something had to change.
For weeks, his marriage had been filled with arguments, misunderstandings, jealousy, and secrets. Every conversation with Bethany seemed to turn into another fight, and Larry was exhausted.
One evening, after another painful argument, Larry sat alone in his living room.
He stared at his wedding ring.
“I can't keep living like this,” he whispered.
For the first time, Larry decided to try marriage counseling.
The next morning, he searched for a counselor and made an appointment.
The counselor's name was Dr. Melissa Carter.
Larry wasn't sure what to expect.
He had never been to counseling before, and honestly, he wasn't even sure he believed it could save his marriage.
But he was willing to try.
Larry Arrives at the Office
The next afternoon, Larry walked into Dr. Carter's office.
The receptionist smiled.
“Are you Larry?”
“Yes.”
“Dr. Carter is expecting you. Please have a seat.”
Larry sat down and looked around the waiting room.
Everything was quiet.
Too quiet.
There were several chairs, a small coffee table, and a few magazines.
Then Larry noticed something strange.
There was another man sitting in the corner.
The man looked nervous.
He kept checking his phone and looking toward the counselor's office.
Larry didn't think much of it at first.
But then the receptionist walked over to the man.
“Mr. Harris, Dr. Carter will see you shortly.”
Larry suddenly looked up.
The man's last name caught his attention.
Harris.
For some reason, Larry felt like he had heard that name before.
The man noticed Larry staring.
“Do I know you?” he asked.
Larry shook his head.
“I don't think so.”
The man smiled awkwardly.
“Good.”
Larry frowned.
“Good?”
The man immediately looked away.
“Nothing.”
That answer made Larry uncomfortable.
The Counselor Calls Larry In
A few minutes later, Dr. Carter opened the door.
“Larry?”
Larry stood up.
“That's me.”
“Come in.”
Larry entered the office and sat across from her.
Dr. Carter smiled warmly.
“So, Larry, tell me what brings you here.”
Larry took a deep breath.
“My marriage.”
“What seems to be the biggest problem?”
Larry thought for a moment.
“Trust.”
Dr. Carter nodded.
“Do you trust your wife?”
Larry hesitated.
“I want to.”
“But?”
“But sometimes I feel like I'm the only one trying to fix things.”
Dr. Carter wrote something down.
“Does your wife know you're here?”
Larry nodded.
“She knows I'm coming.”
“Is she joining you for future sessions?”
“I hope so.”
Dr. Carter smiled.
“That would be helpful.”
Larry started explaining everything that had happened between him and Bethany.
The arguments.
The misunderstandings.
The secrets.
The constant tension.
But then Dr. Carter asked a question that immediately caught Larry off guard.
“Larry, have you ever wondered if someone outside your marriage is influencing your relationship?”
Larry stopped talking.
“What do you mean?”
“Sometimes couples don't realize that another person is creating tension between them.”
Larry stared at her.
“Why would you ask me that?”
Dr. Carter paused.
“Because I have a reason.”
Larry leaned forward.
“What reason?”
Before Dr. Carter could answer, there was a knock at the door.
It was the receptionist.
“Doctor, I'm sorry to interrupt.”
“Yes?”
“Your next client is here.”
Dr. Carter looked at the clock.
Larry stood up.
“I can leave.”
“No,” Dr. Carter said quickly.
Larry looked confused.
“You can wait in the private waiting room while I speak with my next client.”
Larry nodded.
But something about her reaction bothered him.
Larry Meets Her First Client
Larry walked back into the waiting area.
The man from earlier was still sitting there.
Mr. Harris.
As Larry walked past him, the man suddenly stood up.
“Larry?”
Larry turned around.
“How do you know my name?”
The man looked nervous.
“I heard the receptionist call you.”
Larry nodded slowly.
“Right.”
The man extended his hand.
“I'm Daniel Harris.”
Larry shook his hand.
“Nice to meet you.”
But Daniel's grip was strangely tense.
Then Daniel said something that made Larry's expression change.
“I've heard a lot about you.”
Larry immediately pulled his hand away.
“From who?”
Daniel didn't answer.
Larry stared at him.
“Who told you about me?”
Daniel looked toward Dr. Carter's office.
“I probably shouldn't say.”
Larry became suspicious.
“Say what?”
Daniel lowered his voice.
“Your marriage isn't what you think it is.”
Larry froze.
“What does that mean?”
Daniel shook his head.
“I can't explain here.”
Larry stepped closer.
“You just told me my marriage isn't what I think it is. Now you're saying you can't explain?”
Daniel looked frightened.
“Please don't ask me.”
Larry's suspicion grew.
“Do you know Bethany?”
Daniel didn't answer.
Larry's eyes widened.
“You DO know her!”
Daniel immediately turned toward the door.
“I have to go.”
Larry grabbed his phone.
“Wait!”
But Daniel walked into Dr. Carter's office and closed the door.
Larry stood there in complete shock.
Larry Overhears Something
Larry tried to calm himself down.
Maybe he was misunderstanding everything.
Maybe Daniel had nothing to do with Bethany.
Maybe this was all a coincidence.
But then he heard voices coming from the counselor's office.
He wasn't trying to listen.
But one sentence was loud enough to reach him.
Daniel said:
“Larry doesn't know the truth yet.”
Larry's heart dropped.
He moved closer to the door.
Dr. Carter replied:
“I know.”
Larry's eyes widened.
“What truth?”
The room suddenly became silent.
Larry stepped back.
A few seconds later, the office door opened.
Daniel walked out.
He looked directly at Larry.
Larry stared at him.
“You know Bethany, don't you?”
Daniel didn't respond.
“Answer me!”
Dr. Carter stepped out behind him.
“Larry, please calm down.”
“Why does your client know my name?”
Dr. Carter took a deep breath.
“Because Daniel came here before you.”
Larry looked at Daniel.
“For marriage counseling?”
Daniel nodded.
Larry's voice became quieter.
“Whose marriage?”
Daniel looked down.
Then he finally said:
“Mine.”
Larry frowned.
“I still don't understand.”
Daniel looked directly into Larry's eyes.
“My wife knows Bethany.”
Larry froze.
“What?”
Daniel continued.
“And what happened between them is connected to your marriage.”
Larry felt like the floor had disappeared beneath him.
The Shocking Revelation
Larry turned toward Dr. Carter.
“Why didn't you tell me this before?”
“Because of confidentiality.”
Larry shook his head.
“But you knew there was a connection!”
“I knew there was a possibility.”
“What possibility?”
Dr. Carter hesitated.
Daniel suddenly interrupted.
“Larry, there's something you need to know.”
Larry looked at him.
Daniel pulled out his phone.
“I didn't come here just for marriage counseling.”
Larry stared at him.
“Then why did you come?”
Daniel showed him a photograph.
Larry's face changed immediately.
The picture showed Bethany standing beside Daniel's wife.
But that wasn't the shocking part.
Someone else was standing with them.
Someone Larry recognized.
Larry's mouth fell open.
“Where did you get this?”
Daniel replied:
“My wife.”
Larry stared at the photograph.
“When was this taken?”
“Months ago.”
Larry couldn't believe it.
“Why have I never seen this?”
“Because they didn't want you to.”
Larry looked at Dr. Carter.
“Did you know about this?”
She slowly nodded.
“I knew there was a connection, but I didn't know the entire story.”
Larry stepped back.
“So my first day here… I accidentally met the one person who knows something about my marriage?”
Daniel nodded.
“And that's why I think you needed to come here.”
Larry looked at him.
“Why?”
Daniel's expression became serious.
“Because someone has been lying to both of us.”
Larry's Phone Rings
Suddenly Larry's phone began ringing.
He looked at the screen.
It was Bethany.
Larry didn't answer.
The phone stopped.
A few seconds later, a text appeared.
“Where are you?”
Larry stared at the message.
Then another message arrived.
“Please don't believe what anyone tells you.”
Larry's eyes widened.
Daniel noticed the messages.
“She knows.”
Larry looked up.
“She knows what?”
Daniel replied:
“She knows you're here.”
Larry slowly looked toward Dr. Carter.
“How?”
Dr. Carter didn't have an answer.
Then Larry's phone rang again.
This time, it was an unknown number.
Larry answered.
“Hello?”
A voice on the other end whispered:
“Larry… leave that office immediately.”
Larry froze.
“Who is this?”
The caller hung up.
Everyone stood silently.
Larry looked at Daniel.
Daniel looked terrified.
Dr. Carter locked the office door.
Then she turned toward Larry.
“There is something I haven't told you.”
Larry's eyes narrowed.
“What?”
Dr. Carter walked toward her desk and opened a drawer.
She pulled out a folder.
“This was delivered to my office yesterday.”
She handed it to Larry.
Larry opened the folder.
Inside were documents, photographs, and messages.
He slowly looked through them.
His expression changed from confusion…
to shock.
Then disbelief.
Finally, anger.
He looked at Dr. Carter.
“Why would someone send this to you?”
She shook her head.
“I don't know.”
Larry looked at Daniel.
“Do you know?”
Daniel shook his head.
“No.”
Larry closed the folder.
“But we're going to find out.”
He walked toward the door.
Before leaving, he turned around.
“This was supposed to be my first marriage counseling session.”
Dr. Carter nodded.
Larry looked at the folder in his hand.
“But now I think it's the beginning of something much bigger.”
He walked out of the office.
Daniel followed him.
And neither of them realized that someone was watching them from across the street.
Someone who had been waiting for Larry to discover the truth.
And just as Larry reached his car, his phone received one final message:
“If you open that folder, your marriage will never be the same again.”
Comments
Post a Comment