SR Bethany Is Taken to the Police Station for Driving Without a License—Larry & Brooke Rush Over, But What Happens Next?

Bethany Is Taken to the Police Station for Driving Without a License—Larry & Brooke Rush Over, But What Happens Next?


It was supposed to be an ordinary evening for Bethany.

She had gotten into her car, started the engine, and headed down the road without thinking twice.

But just a few minutes later, everything changed.

Bethany noticed flashing police lights behind her.

“Oh no…”

She pulled over and rolled down the window.

The officer approached the car.

“Good evening, ma’am. May I see your driver’s license and registration?”

Bethany froze.

She searched through her purse.

Then the glove compartment.

Then her wallet.

But she couldn't find a valid license.

“I… I don't have it with me.”

The officer looked at her.

“Is your license valid?”

Bethany hesitated.

“I’m not sure.”

The officer checked her information and discovered that Bethany wasn't legally permitted to drive.

“Ma’am, you’re going to have to come with us.”

Bethany immediately panicked.

“Wait! Please. I was only driving home.”

“I understand, but you can’t operate a vehicle without a valid license.”

Bethany stepped out of the car.

“Can I at least call my family?”

The officer nodded.

Bethany immediately grabbed her phone.

The first person she called was Larry.

But Larry didn't answer.

She tried again.

Still nothing.

Finally, she called Brooke.

Brooke answered.

“Mom?”

Bethany's voice trembled.

“Brooke… I need you.”

Brooke immediately became worried.

“What happened?”

“The police stopped me.”

“What?!”

“They said I was driving without a valid license, and they're taking me to the police station.”

Brooke stood up.

“Where are you?”

Bethany gave her the location.

Brooke immediately called Larry.

“Dad, you need to come right now!”

Larry was confused.

“What happened?”

“It’s Mom!”

Larry's expression changed.

“What about her?”

“She got arrested!”

Larry grabbed his keys.

“What?! Why?”

“She was driving without a license. They're taking her to the police station.”

Larry couldn't believe it.

“Get in the car.”

Brooke rushed outside.

Within minutes, Larry and Brooke were on their way.

Meanwhile, Bethany was sitting inside the police station.

She looked nervous and embarrassed.

She kept looking toward the door.

“I just want my family to get here.”

An officer told her,

“They're on their way. Just remain calm.”

Bethany nodded.

But she couldn't stop worrying.

A few minutes later, the station doors suddenly opened.

Larry and Brooke rushed inside.

“Where's Bethany?” Larry asked.

The officer pointed toward the waiting area.

Brooke immediately ran to her mother.

“Mom!”

Bethany stood up and hugged Brooke tightly.

“I’m so sorry.”

Brooke held her.

“Are you okay?”

“I’m scared.”

Larry approached slowly.

He looked at Bethany.

“What were you thinking?”

Bethany looked down.

“I didn't realize my license wasn't valid.”

Larry shook his head.

“You should have checked before driving.”

“I know.”

Brooke stepped between them.

“Dad, this isn't the time.”

Larry sighed.

“I’m just worried.”

Bethany looked at him.

“You didn't answer my calls.”

Larry became quiet.

“I didn't know what was happening.”

“I called you twice.”

Larry looked away.

Brooke noticed the tension immediately.

“Can we please focus on getting Mom home?”

Larry nodded.

They approached the officer.

“What needs to happen for her to be released?”

The officer explained that Bethany would need to complete the required process and that the matter could potentially involve a court appearance depending on the circumstances.

Bethany's eyes widened.

“Court?”

Larry looked at her.

“Don't panic. We'll figure it out.”

Bethany sat back down.

Then another officer walked into the room holding a folder.

“Bethany?”

“Yes?”

“We found something else in our records.”

Bethany's face immediately changed.

“What?”

The officer opened the folder.

“There's an additional issue we need to discuss.”

Larry stepped forward.

“What kind of issue?”

The officer looked at Bethany.

“Your driving record shows a previous problem.”

Bethany stared at him.

“I don't understand.”

Brooke looked at her mother.

“Mom, what is he talking about?”

Bethany shook her head.

“I swear, I didn't know.”

Larry's voice became serious.

“Bethany, is there something you're not telling us?”

“No!”

The officer continued.

“This may require further review before we can determine what happens tonight.”

Brooke became emotional.

“Does that mean she can't go home?”

The officer replied,

“I’m not saying that yet.”

Bethany looked at Larry.

“Please don't leave me here.”

Larry stared at her.

“I’m not leaving.”

For a moment, the family stood together.

Then Bethany's phone suddenly started ringing.

Brooke looked at the screen.

“Mom… somebody is calling you.”

Bethany looked at the name.

Her face went completely pale.

Larry noticed.

“Who is it?”

Bethany didn't answer.

The phone kept ringing.

Brooke looked at the screen again.

“Mom, why are you scared?”

Bethany finally whispered,

“I never thought they would call me again.”

Larry looked confused.

“Who?”

The call stopped.

Then a text message appeared.

Bethany read it.

Her hands began shaking.

Larry stepped closer.

“What did they say?”

Bethany slowly looked up.

“They know I'm at the police station.”

Everyone froze.

Brooke asked,

“Who knows?”

Bethany couldn't answer.

Then another message appeared.

“You can't keep running from what happened.”

Larry stared at Bethany.

“What did you get yourself into?”

Bethany started crying.

“I promise you… there's something I need to tell you.”

The officer looked toward the family.

“What is this about?”

Bethany wiped her tears.

“I don't know how to explain it.”

Larry stepped closer.

“Then start talking.”

Bethany looked at Larry and Brooke.

“I wasn't only stopped tonight because of the license.”

Larry's eyes widened.

“What are you saying?”

Bethany took a deep breath.

“There’s another reason they pulled me over.”

The room went silent.

Brooke grabbed her mother's hand.

“Mom… what aren't you telling us?”

Bethany looked toward the police officer.

Then toward Larry.

And finally toward Brooke.

“I think tonight is going to change everything.”

TO BE CONTINUED…

Comments