SR Bethany Expose “Brooke’s pregnancy, which she had kept secret from everyone until now.” What Brooke Did

Bethany Expose “Brooke’s pregnancy, which she had kept secret from everyone until now.” What Brooke Did

The house was unusually quiet that morning. Brooke had been acting differently for weeks. She wasn't herself anymore. She spent more time alone in her room, stopped eating certain foods she used to love, and seemed nervous whenever someone asked her if she was okay. Whenever Bethany tried to talk to her, Brooke would quickly change the subject. “I'm fine,” Brooke would always say. But Bethany knew something was wrong. Something was being hidden. One afternoon, Bethany walked past Brooke's room and noticed that the door was slightly open. She heard Brooke talking on the phone. “I can't keep hiding this forever,” Brooke whispered. Bethany stopped. “Hiding what?” Brooke immediately ended the call. She opened the door and froze when she saw Bethany standing there. “Bethany! How long have you been standing there?” Bethany looked at her suspiciously. “Long enough to know you're hiding something.” Brooke tried to laugh it off. “It's nothing.” “Brooke, don't lie to me.” Brooke looked away. Bethany noticed Brooke quickly putting something into a drawer. “What did you just hide?” “Nothing!” Bethany stepped closer. “Then why are you acting so nervous?” Brooke refused to answer. Bethany finally walked away, but she couldn't stop thinking about what she had seen. Later that evening, Brooke left the house for a few minutes. Bethany was cleaning when she noticed that Brooke had accidentally left her bedroom door open. She wasn't trying to invade Brooke's privacy, but something caught her attention. A small medical envelope was sitting on the desk. Bethany picked it up. Her eyes widened when she saw Brooke's name. She opened the envelope. Then she froze. The report confirmed something Bethany never expected. Brooke was pregnant. Bethany couldn't believe it. “Pregnant?” She read the report again. Her hands began shaking. Brooke had been hiding her pregnancy from everyone. And suddenly, all of Brooke's strange behavior made sense. The secret phone calls. The nervousness. The changes in her routine. Everything. When Brooke returned home, she immediately noticed Bethany sitting in the living room with the medical report in her hand. Brooke stopped walking. Her face went completely pale. “Bethany…” Bethany slowly stood up. “Is this yours?” Brooke didn't answer. “Brooke, I'm asking you a question.” Brooke's eyes filled with tears. “Yes.” Bethany stared at her. “You're pregnant?” Brooke finally nodded. “Yes.” Bethany was completely stunned. “How long have you known?” Brooke wiped her tears. “For a while.” “And you didn't tell anybody?” “I was scared.” Bethany couldn't understand. “Why would you keep something this important secret?” Brooke finally broke down. “Because I didn't know what was going to happen.” Bethany softened slightly. “Brooke…” “I didn't know how everyone would react. I didn't know what Isaiah would say. And after everything that happened between us, I was terrified he would leave me.” Bethany looked at her. “Does Isaiah know?” Brooke shook her head. “No.” Bethany's eyes widened again. “You haven't even told Isaiah?” “No.” “Brooke, he deserves to know.” “I know.” “Then why haven't you told him?” Brooke took a deep breath. “Because Isaiah already left for Philadelphia.” Bethany remembered what had happened. “So that's why you collapsed?” Brooke nodded. “I found out he had gone to Philadelphia alone. I was already stressed, and then everything became too much.” Bethany sat beside her. “But what did you do after you found out you were pregnant?” Brooke looked down. “I tried to hide it.” Bethany frowned. “How?” Brooke explained that she had been avoiding family gatherings, hiding the doctor's appointments, deleting messages from her phone, and pretending everything was normal. She had even kept the pregnancy report hidden inside a drawer so nobody would find it. “I thought if I kept quiet long enough, I'd figure everything out.” Bethany shook her head. “You shouldn't have had to carry this alone.” Brooke began crying. “I was scared, Bethany.” Bethany pulled her into a hug. “I know.” But then Bethany's expression changed. “One thing still doesn't make sense.” “What?” “Why didn't you tell me?” Brooke looked at her mother. “Because I thought you would be disappointed in me.” Bethany's eyes filled with tears. “Disappointed?” Brooke nodded. “I thought you'd look at me differently.” Bethany hugged her again. “No matter what happened, you should never have been afraid to tell me.” Then Brooke's phone suddenly buzzed. Both of them looked at the screen. It was a message from Isaiah. Brooke opened it. Her expression instantly changed. “What did he say?” Bethany asked. Brooke slowly handed her the phone. The message read: “Brooke, I need to talk to you. I'm coming back from Philadelphia soon.” Bethany looked at Brooke. “He's coming back.” Brooke's hands began trembling. “He still doesn't know.” Bethany nodded. “Then you need to decide what you're going to do.” Brooke looked down at her stomach. She knew her secret couldn't stay hidden forever. Soon Isaiah would come home. Soon everyone would know. And Brooke had no idea how Isaiah would react when he discovered that the woman he had left behind was carrying his child. But just as Brooke prepared to call him, another message appeared. This one was from an unknown number. “I know about the pregnancy.” Brooke's eyes widened. “Bethany…” Bethany looked at the screen. “Who is that?” Brooke shook her head. “I don't know.” Another message arrived. “And Isaiah isn't the only person who knows.” Brooke's heart dropped. Her secret had been exposed. But the biggest question was still unanswered: Who else knew about Brooke's pregnancy—and what were they planning to do with the secret?

Comments