AFTER THE OFFICE: Why Did Bethany & Charlotte Suddenly Take Brooke to the Doctor?
The day had already been stressful for Brooke.
After leaving the office, Brooke thought she was finally going to get some time to herself. She walked toward the car with Bethany and Charlotte, trying to act normal, but Bethany immediately noticed that something was different.
Brooke looked unusually quiet.
She kept checking her phone and avoiding eye contact.
Bethany looked at her carefully.
“Brooke, what’s going on? You’ve barely said a word since we left the office.”
Brooke quickly put her phone away.
“Nothing, Mom. I’m just tired.”
Charlotte wasn’t convinced.
“Tired? You’ve been acting strange all day. You sure everything is okay?”
Brooke nodded, but her nervous expression told a completely different story.
As they got into the car, Bethany noticed Brooke holding her stomach.
“Brooke… are you feeling sick?”
“I’m okay,” Brooke replied quickly.
But a few minutes into the drive, Brooke suddenly became pale.
Charlotte turned around from the passenger seat.
“Brooke, look at me. Are you feeling dizzy?”
Brooke took a deep breath.
“I’ve just been feeling weird lately. I don’t know what’s wrong.”
Bethany immediately became concerned.
“We’re going to the doctor.”
Brooke’s eyes widened.
“No! Mom, I don’t need to go to the doctor!”
Bethany looked at Charlotte.
That reaction made both of them even more suspicious.
Charlotte quietly asked, “Why are you so scared to see a doctor?”
Brooke didn't answer.
The car became completely silent.
Finally, Bethany said, “Brooke, if something is bothering you, you can tell us. Whatever it is, we're going to figure it out together.”
Brooke looked out the window.
“I just don't want everybody knowing my business.”
Charlotte responded, “Nobody is trying to embarrass you. We’re worried about you.”
When they arrived at the doctor's office, Brooke still didn't want to get out of the car.
Bethany walked over and opened her door.
“Come on, Brooke.”
Brooke slowly stepped out.
Inside the office, the nurse asked Brooke a few routine questions. Bethany and Charlotte waited nearby, watching Brooke's nervous reaction.
Then the nurse asked whether Brooke had taken a pregnancy test recently.
Brooke immediately looked at Bethany.
Bethany froze.
“Wait… pregnancy test?”
Charlotte looked shocked too.
Brooke lowered her head.
“I didn't know how to tell you.”
Bethany sat beside her.
“Tell me what?”
Brooke took a deep breath.
“I've been worried that I might be pregnant.”
Bethany couldn't believe what she was hearing.
“Brooke… you've been keeping this from me?”
Brooke's eyes filled with tears.
“I was scared. I didn't know what to do.”
Charlotte gently placed her hand on Brooke's shoulder.
“You should have told someone sooner.”
Brooke nodded.
“I know.”
The doctor then explained that the test was necessary to determine what was actually happening and that symptoms alone could not confirm a pregnancy.
Bethany tried to remain calm.
“Whatever the result is, we're going to deal with it together.”
Brooke looked at her mother.
“You're not mad?”
Bethany sighed.
“I’m worried. There’s a difference.”
The test was taken, and now everyone had to wait.
Those few minutes felt like hours.
Brooke sat quietly, staring at the floor.
Charlotte kept looking at Bethany.
Neither woman knew what the final result would be.
Then the doctor returned with the results.
Brooke immediately stood up.
“Doctor… am I pregnant?”
Bethany reached for Brooke's hand.
Charlotte held her breath.
The doctor looked at the report and prepared to explain the results.
Brooke's face changed as soon as she heard the first few words.
Bethany looked at her daughter and realized that whatever happened next could change everything.
But the biggest question remained:
WHAT DID THE DOCTOR TELL BROOKE?
Comments
Post a Comment