HS... Lynette came to Larry with love in her heart, but bethany broke her in front of him. And then Larry’s reaction was something no one ever expected.

Lynette  came to Larry with love in her heart, but bethany broke her in front of him. And then Larry’s reaction was something no one ever expected.


Lynette had been thinking about Larry all morning.

She stood in front of the mirror, fixing her hair and trying to calm her nerves.

She had rehearsed what she wanted to say at least a dozen times.

She wasn't going to argue.

She wasn't going to cause drama.

She simply wanted to tell Larry how she felt.

After everything that had happened between Larry and Bethany, Lynette believed maybe there was finally a chance for her to speak honestly.

She picked up a small gift bag.

Inside was a handwritten note.

Nothing expensive.

Nothing dramatic.

Just a simple message from her heart.

"I hope you're ready to start over."

Lynette smiled nervously.

"I just want him to know how much I care."

She drove to Larry's house.

When she arrived, she took a deep breath before walking toward the front door.

She knocked.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

A few seconds later, Larry opened the door.

His expression immediately changed when he saw her.

"Lynette?"

She smiled.

"Hi, Larry."

Larry looked surprised.

"What are you doing here?"

Lynette held up the little gift bag.

"I came to see you."

Larry stepped outside.

"Is everything okay?"

Lynette nodded.

"Everything is okay. I just... needed to talk to you."

Before Larry could respond, Lynette looked directly into his eyes.

"I know you've been through a lot."

Larry remained silent.

"And I know your marriage has been complicated."

She swallowed hard.

"But I've been keeping something inside for a long time."

Larry's eyebrows lifted.

"Lynette..."

"I care about you, Larry."

She finally said it.

"I really do."

Larry looked stunned.

Lynette continued.

"I'm not here to pressure you. I'm not asking you to make a decision today. I just didn't want to keep pretending my feelings weren't real."

She handed him the gift bag.

Larry slowly accepted it.

For a moment, neither of them spoke.

Then—

The front door suddenly opened.

Bethany stepped outside.

Her eyes immediately went from Larry to Lynette.

Then she noticed the gift bag in Larry's hand.

Her expression changed.

"Lynette?"

Lynette turned around.

"Bethany..."

Bethany walked closer.

"So this is what you're doing now?"

Lynette immediately shook her head.

"No. You don't understand."

"Oh, I understand perfectly."

Larry stepped between them.

"Bethany, calm down."

But Bethany wasn't listening.

She looked at Lynette.

"You came to my husband's house to tell him you love him?"

Lynette's eyes filled with tears.

"I came because I wanted to be honest."

"Honest?"

Bethany laughed bitterly.

"You call this honest?"

Lynette looked at Larry.

"I didn't come here to hurt anybody."

Bethany pointed toward the street.

"Then leave."

Larry immediately said, "Bethany, that's enough."

But Bethany continued.

"You knew we were still dealing with our marriage problems!"

Lynette's voice trembled.

"I never said I wanted to destroy your marriage."

Bethany stepped closer.

"But you showed up at his door with a love note!"

Lynette looked down.

The tears finally began falling.

"I just wanted to tell him how I felt."

Bethany shook her head.

"You should have kept your feelings to yourself."

That sentence completely broke Lynette.

She looked at Larry.

"I guess I was wrong."

Larry's expression changed.

"Lynette..."

She wiped her tears.

"I thought maybe you wanted someone who actually cared about you."

Bethany gasped.

"What did you just say?"

Lynette immediately stepped backward.

"No. I'm leaving."

Larry tried to stop her.

"Wait."

But Lynette shook her head.

"No, Larry."

Her voice cracked.

"I don't want to be the reason you two fight anymore."

She turned around.

But Bethany wasn't finished.

"You should've never come here."

Lynette stopped.

For a moment, she stood completely still.

Then she quietly said,

"You're right."

She turned toward Bethany with tears streaming down her face.

"I should've stayed away."

And she walked toward her car.

Larry watched her leave.

His jaw tightened.

Bethany crossed her arms.

"She needed to hear the truth."

Larry slowly turned toward Bethany.

"What you just did wasn't the truth."

Bethany looked confused.

"What?"

"You humiliated her."

"I was defending my marriage!"

"No."

Larry's voice became louder.

"You were hurting somebody because you were angry."

Bethany stared at him.

"Larry, she came here knowing we're married!"

"And she came here honestly."

Larry pointed toward the driveway.

"She didn't sneak around."

"She didn't lie."

"She stood right in front of us and told us exactly how she felt."

Bethany became defensive.

"So you're taking her side?"

Larry looked at her.

"I'm taking the side of what's right."

Bethany's expression changed.

"Larry..."

He continued.

"I've watched you and Lynette fight before. I've watched you fight with everyone. But today was different."

He shook his head.

"Today, you broke somebody who didn't even come here looking for a fight."

Bethany suddenly realized how serious he was.

"Larry, I didn't mean—"

But Larry interrupted.

"You didn't just hurt Lynette."

He paused.

"You embarrassed me."

Bethany stared at him.

"What are you saying?"

Larry looked toward the road where Lynette had disappeared.

"I'm saying I'm done pretending this behavior is okay."

Bethany's eyes widened.

Then Larry did something no one expected.

He picked up the gift bag Lynette had left behind.

He opened it.

Inside was the handwritten note.

Larry unfolded it.

His eyes moved across the page.

The note simply said:

"I don't know what the future holds, but I hope someday you'll know how deeply I care about you."

Larry became emotional.

Bethany watched silently.

Larry folded the note.

Then he looked at Bethany.

"You owe her an apology."

Bethany shook her head.

"Why should I apologize?"

"Because you hurt her."

"I was hurt too!"

"And that's exactly the problem."

Larry took a deep breath.

"You keep hurting people because you're hurting."

Bethany's eyes filled with tears.

"So what am I supposed to do?"

Larry looked at her.

"Change."

Bethany remained silent.

Larry walked toward the driveway.

"Where are you going?"

Bethany asked.

Larry turned around.

"I'm going to find Lynette."

Bethany's eyes widened.

"What?"

"I'm not going to let her drive away thinking she deserved what happened."

Bethany suddenly panicked.

"Larry, don't go."

But Larry continued walking.

Bethany stood frozen at the doorway.

For the first time, she realized something terrifying.

This wasn't just about Lynette.

Larry was finally reaching his breaking point.

And as Larry got into his car, Bethany whispered through her tears:

"Is this really the moment I finally lose him?"

Meanwhile, Lynette sat alone in her car several blocks away.

She was crying uncontrollably.

She looked at the empty passenger seat.

"I should've never told him."

Suddenly, she heard a car approaching behind her.

She looked in the rearview mirror.

Her eyes widened.

It was Larry.

He pulled up behind her and stepped out.

Lynette quickly wiped her tears.

"Larry, please go."

But Larry walked toward her window.

"Lynette, open the door."

"No."

"Please."

She finally lowered the window.

Larry looked at her.

"I came to apologize."

Lynette shook her head.

"You don't have to."

"Yes, I do."

He looked genuinely hurt.

"I'm sorry I let you walk away like that."

Lynette looked down.

"I embarrassed myself."

"No."

Larry shook his head.

"You were brave."

She looked at him.

Larry continued:

"You told me the truth about your feelings. You didn't deserve to be humiliated for that."

Lynette started crying again.

"Then why did you come after me?"

Larry paused.

And his answer left Lynette speechless.

"Because I couldn't watch somebody I care about leave brokenhearted."

Lynette stared at him.

Neither of them said another word.

Back at the house, Bethany stood by the window watching Larry's car disappear.

She wiped away a tear.

Then she looked at the divorce papers still sitting on the table.

Suddenly, she understood.

Larry wasn't threatening to leave anymore.

He was actually preparing to walk away.

And this time...

Bethany wasn't sure she could stop him.

Comments