HS... Isaiah booked a private room for Brooke, made one wrong move, and Bethany showed up with the police."

Isaiah booked a private room for Brooke, made one wrong move, and Bethany showed up with the police."


Isaiah thought he had finally found a way to get Brooke alone.

After everything that had happened between them, Brooke had been keeping her distance. She was tired of the arguments, the lies, and the constant drama surrounding Isaiah. She had told him more than once that she needed space.

But Isaiah wasn’t ready to let her go.

One evening, Isaiah called Brooke and told her he wanted to talk.

“Brooke, I’m not trying to start another argument,” Isaiah said. “I just want five minutes to explain myself.”

Brooke hesitated.

“I don’t know, Isaiah. Every time we talk, something goes wrong.”

“I promise you,” Isaiah replied. “Just come meet me. Nothing is going to happen.”

After thinking about it, Brooke reluctantly agreed.

Isaiah had booked a private room at a quiet hotel, claiming it would give them some privacy away from everyone else.

When Brooke arrived, she immediately looked uncomfortable.

“Isaiah, why did you bring me here?” she asked.

“I told you, Brooke. I just want to talk.”

Brooke crossed her arms.

“Then talk.”

Isaiah began apologizing for everything that had happened between them. He admitted he had made mistakes and said he wanted another chance.

For a few minutes, Brooke actually listened.

But then Isaiah made one terrible mistake.

Instead of respecting Brooke's boundaries, he moved closer and tried to stop her from leaving.

Brooke immediately stepped back.

“Isaiah, MOVE!”

“I’m just trying to explain—”

“No! I told you I don't want this!”

Brooke grabbed her phone and headed toward the door.

Isaiah realized he had gone too far.

“Brooke, wait!”

But Brooke wasn't listening anymore.

She opened the door and walked out.

What Isaiah didn't know was that Brooke had already contacted someone she trusted.

And that person was Bethany.

Earlier that evening, Brooke had secretly called Bethany and told her where she was going.

Bethany immediately became worried.

“Brooke, are you sure you’re okay?”

“I don't know,” Brooke whispered. “Something about this doesn't feel right.”

Bethany told her to keep her phone with her and promised she would come if Brooke needed help.

Now, as Brooke walked down the hallway, she heard footsteps behind her.

She turned around.

Isaiah was coming after her.

“Brooke, please! Just give me a second!”

“Stay away from me!”

Brooke quickly reached the lobby.

And then—

SIRENS.

Red and blue lights suddenly flashed through the hotel windows.

Brooke froze.

Isaiah stopped walking.

Bethany had arrived.

And she wasn't alone.

Several police officers entered the hotel.

Bethany pointed toward Isaiah.

“That’s him.”

Isaiah's face completely changed.

“Bethany?! What are you doing here?”

Bethany walked toward Brooke and stood beside her.

“I came because Brooke called me.”

Isaiah immediately tried to explain.

“Nothing happened! We were just talking!”

Bethany looked at him angrily.

“Then why was Brooke trying to leave while you were following her?”

Isaiah couldn't answer.

One of the officers stepped forward.

“Sir, we need to speak with you about what happened tonight.”

Isaiah raised his hands.

“Officer, you're misunderstanding everything.”

Brooke stood behind Bethany, visibly shaken.

Bethany turned around and gently asked,

“Brooke, are you okay?”

Brooke nodded, but tears were running down her face.

“I told him to stop.”

Bethany looked back at Isaiah.

“And that's all that matters.”

The officer asked Brooke if she wanted to make a statement.

Brooke took a deep breath.

“Yes.”

Isaiah suddenly realized the situation was much more serious than he expected.

“Brooke, please don't do this!”

She looked at him with tears in her eyes.

“You promised me you would respect me.”

Isaiah lowered his head.

“I made a mistake.”

Brooke shook her head.

“No, Isaiah. You made a choice.”

The room went silent.

Bethany placed her arm around Brooke.

“You don't have to be afraid anymore.”

As the officers escorted Isaiah away to be questioned, he kept looking back at Brooke.

“Brooke! Please! Just listen to me!”

But Brooke didn't respond.

For the first time, she wasn't trying to save the relationship.

She was trying to protect herself.

Later that night, Bethany and Brooke sat outside the police station.

Brooke stared at the ground.

“I should have never gone there.”

Bethany shook her head.

“Don't blame yourself for someone else's decision.”

Brooke wiped away her tears.

“I thought Isaiah had changed.”

Bethany looked at her seriously.

“Sometimes people apologize because they’re sorry they got caught—not because they're ready to change.”

Brooke remained silent.

Then her phone suddenly rang.

She looked at the screen.

It was Isaiah.

Brooke didn't answer.

A few seconds later, another message appeared.

She opened it.

Her expression immediately changed.

“Bethany…”

“What?”

Brooke turned the phone toward her.

Isaiah had sent a message that said:

“You don't know the whole truth. Ask Bethany what happened before you arrived.”

Bethany's face suddenly went pale.

Brooke stared at her.

“Mom… what is he talking about?”

Bethany didn't answer.

For the first time that night, Brooke realized there might be another secret hiding behind everything that had happened.

And whatever Isaiah knew…

Bethany clearly didn't want Brooke to find out.

TO BE CONTINUED…

Comments