Bethany & Charlotte CRASH Larry’s Fish Fry — But Larry KICKS Them Out in Front of Everyone!
The Fish Fry party was supposed to be one of Larry’s biggest and happiest events.
The backyard was packed with people. Tables were covered with fried fish, fries, cornbread, and all kinds of sides. Music was playing loudly, children were running around, and everyone seemed to be having a great time.
Larry stood near the center of the party, smiling as he greeted his guests.
“Tonight, I don't want any drama,” Larry joked. “We’re here to eat, laugh, and have a good time!”
Everyone laughed.
Brooke was sitting at a table with some friends, taking pictures and enjoying the music. Sharra was nearby talking with a few guests.
Everything seemed perfect.
But then a car pulled up outside the house.
Nobody paid much attention at first.
Then the passenger door opened.
Charlotte stepped out.
A few seconds later, Bethany stepped out behind her.
Charlotte looked nervous.
“Mom, are you sure this is a good idea?”
Bethany looked toward the crowded backyard.
“No.”
Charlotte blinked.
“No?”
Bethany sighed.
“I know this probably isn't a good idea. But I need to talk to Larry.”
Charlotte looked worried.
“He's going to be mad.”
“I know.”
“And everybody is going to see us.”
Bethany nodded.
“I know that too.”
Charlotte lowered her voice.
“Then why are we going?”
Bethany looked at her daughter.
“Because I'm tired of everybody pretending everything is okay when it isn't.”
Charlotte didn't respond.
Bethany took her hand.
“Come on.”
They walked toward the backyard.
The moment they entered the Fish Fry, several people turned around.
The conversations started dying down one by one.
Brooke noticed them first.
Her eyes widened.
“Wait… Mom?”
Larry was laughing with one of his friends.
Then he heard Brooke.
He turned around.
His smile immediately disappeared.
Bethany and Charlotte were standing at the entrance.
Larry stared at them.
For several seconds, nobody said anything.
Then Larry finally asked,
“What are you two doing here?”
Bethany calmly replied,
“We came to see you.”
Larry looked around at the guests.
“You came here?”
Bethany nodded.
“Yes.”
Larry shook his head.
“Bethany, you knew you weren't invited.”
Charlotte looked uncomfortable.
Bethany replied,
“I know.”
Larry's voice became louder.
“Then why would you show up?”
Everyone nearby started watching.
Bethany took a deep breath.
“I came because I needed to talk to you about Charlotte.”
Larry looked at Charlotte.
“What's wrong with Charlotte?”
Charlotte quickly said,
“Nothing.”
Bethany looked at her.
“Charlotte…”
Charlotte whispered,
“Mom, please.”
Larry became frustrated.
“If there's something wrong, you can tell me.”
Bethany replied,
“She shouldn't have to be caught in the middle of our problems.”
Larry stared at her.
“I'm not putting her in the middle.”
Bethany shook her head.
“Maybe you don't realize it, but she feels like she has to choose between us.”
Charlotte looked down.
Larry noticed.
His expression changed slightly.
But instead of responding emotionally, he pointed toward the driveway.
“Bethany, this isn't the place for this conversation.”
Bethany looked around.
“Why not?”
“Because this is my Fish Fry.”
“And I'm not trying to ruin it.”
Larry shook his head.
“You already did by showing up.”
The words hit Bethany hard.
Several guests looked uncomfortable.
Brooke stood up.
“Dad, that's enough.”
Larry looked at Brooke.
“Stay out of this.”
Brooke shook her head.
“No. Charlotte is upset.”
Charlotte quickly wiped her eyes.
Bethany put her arm around her.
“It's okay.”
Larry looked at Bethany.
“Take Charlotte and leave.”
The entire backyard became silent.
Bethany couldn't believe what she had just heard.
“You're kicking us out?”
Larry nodded.
“Yes.”
“In front of everybody?”
Larry replied,
“You shouldn't have come here without being invited.”
Bethany looked around.
Everyone was watching.
Some people looked shocked.
Others looked embarrassed for her.
Bethany swallowed her tears.
“I didn't come here to embarrass you.”
Larry said,
“Then why did you come?”
Bethany looked at Charlotte.
“Because she's my daughter.”
Larry immediately responded,
“And she's my family too.”
“Then act like it!”
Bethany's voice suddenly cracked.
Everyone froze.
Bethany continued,
“She shouldn't have to watch us fight. She shouldn't have to hear people talking about our relationship. She shouldn't have to feel like she's responsible for keeping everyone happy.”
Charlotte started crying.
“Mom, please…”
Bethany immediately lowered her voice.
“I'm sorry.”
Larry looked at Charlotte.
For the first time, he seemed to understand how serious the situation had become.
But he still didn't back down.
He said,
“I understand you're upset, but this isn't the way to handle it.”
Bethany nodded slowly.
“Maybe you're right.”
She took Charlotte's hand.
“Come on.”
Charlotte looked at Larry.
“Are you really making us leave?”
Larry didn't answer immediately.
Charlotte continued,
“I just wanted everybody to stop fighting.”
Larry's face softened.
“Charlotte…”
She shook her head.
“You always say family should stick together. But tonight you're making Mom leave in front of everybody.”
Larry looked away.
Brooke stepped closer.
“Dad, maybe you should just let them stay.”
Sharra suddenly spoke from behind them.
“Larry already made his decision.”
Bethany looked toward Sharra.
“And nobody asked you.”
Sharra frowned.
“I'm just saying—”
Bethany interrupted.
“This isn't about you.”
The tension instantly returned.
Larry stepped between them.
“That's exactly what I didn't want tonight.”
He pointed toward the driveway.
“Bethany, please leave.”
Bethany stood there silently.
Then she nodded.
“Fine.”
She looked around at everyone.
“I'm sorry for interrupting your party.”
She turned toward Charlotte.
“Let's go.”
Charlotte didn't move.
She looked at Larry.
“Dad…”
Larry looked at her.
“I'm sorry.”
Charlotte shook her head.
“You're not.”
She grabbed Bethany's hand.
“Let's go.”
Bethany and Charlotte started walking away.
Brooke watched them leave, tears in her eyes.
But just before they reached the driveway, Brooke suddenly ran after them.
“Mom!”
Bethany stopped.
Brooke hugged her.
“I don't want you to leave like this.”
Bethany hugged Brooke back.
“Don't worry about me.”
Brooke whispered,
“But I do.”
Bethany smiled sadly.
“I'll be okay.”
Larry stood in the backyard watching the three of them.
His guests were silent.
The music had stopped.
The Fish Fry that was supposed to bring everyone together had turned into one of the most uncomfortable nights anyone could remember.
Bethany opened the car door for Charlotte.
Before getting inside, Charlotte looked back at Larry.
“Dad…”
Larry walked a few steps forward.
“What?”
Charlotte said,
“I hope one day you realize that kicking Mom out wasn't what I needed.”
Larry froze.
Charlotte got into the car.
Bethany closed the door.
The car slowly pulled away.
Larry watched until it disappeared.
Brooke returned to the backyard.
She looked at her father.
“You really kicked them out?”
Larry sighed.
“She shouldn't have shown up.”
Brooke shook her head.
“You might have been right about that.”
She paused.
“But you were wrong about one thing.”
Larry looked at her.
“What?”
Brooke said,
“Tonight wasn't about Bethany crashing your Fish Fry.”
She pointed toward the driveway.
“It was about Charlotte trying to keep her family together.”
Larry didn't respond.
The party slowly started again, but the mood had completely changed.
Larry walked over to the table and sat down alone.
He looked at Charlotte's empty chair.
Then he looked toward the driveway.
His phone suddenly buzzed.
Larry checked the screen.
A message had arrived from Bethany.
He opened it.
His face immediately changed.
Whatever Bethany had written, it was clearly something he never expected to receive.
Larry stared at the message for several seconds.
Then he whispered,
“Bethany… what did you just do?”
And the biggest shock of the night was still coming.

Comments
Post a Comment