AZ... Breaking:"Brooke Took Her Disrespect Too Far With Larry & Bethany—Larry Finally Lost His Patience And Slapped Her
Breaking:"Brooke Took Her Disrespect Too Far With Larry & Bethany—Larry Finally Lost His Patience And Slapped Her
The house had been unusually quiet that morning.
Larry sat in the living room, trying to enjoy his coffee while Bethany stood nearby, organizing some papers on the table. For the first time in days, it seemed like the family might actually have a peaceful morning.
But that peace didn't last long.
The front door suddenly swung open.
Brooke walked inside, carrying her purse and looking visibly irritated.
She didn't greet anyone.
She didn't even look at Larry or Bethany.
She simply walked past them and dropped her bag on the couch.
Larry looked over.
“Good morning to you too,” he said sarcastically.
Brooke rolled her eyes.
“I’m not in the mood, Larry.”
Bethany immediately noticed Brooke's attitude.
“Brooke, what's wrong?”
“Nothing,” Brooke snapped.
Bethany frowned.
“Then why are you acting like everybody in this house did something to you?”
Brooke turned around.
“Because everybody keeps treating me like I'm a child!”
Larry put his coffee down.
“Nobody is treating you like a child. We're asking you to respect the people in this house.”
Brooke laughed.
“Respect? Seriously?”
Larry stared at her.
“Yes. Respect.”
Brooke folded her arms.
“You two want respect after everything you've done?”
Bethany looked confused.
“What exactly are you talking about?”
Brooke shook her head.
“You know exactly what I'm talking about.”
Larry stood up.
“Brooke, if you have something to say, say it.”
Brooke's voice became louder.
“Fine! I'm tired of both of you acting like you're perfect!”
Bethany stepped closer.
“Brooke, calm down.”
“No! I'm done calming down!”
The room suddenly became tense.
Larry warned her.
“Watch your tone.”
Brooke pointed toward him.
“Or what?”
Larry's expression changed.
“Don't challenge me.”
Brooke wasn't backing down.
“You always think you can control everybody!”
Bethany tried to intervene.
“Brooke, please. This isn't going anywhere.”
But Brooke continued.
“You're always defending him!”
Bethany looked hurt.
“I'm your family. I'm trying to help you.”
Brooke scoffed.
“I don't need your help.”
Those words hit Bethany hard.
She became silent.
Larry looked at Brooke.
“You owe Bethany an apology.”
Brooke shook her head.
“No, I don't.”
“You do.”
“No!”
Larry's patience was beginning to disappear.
“Brooke, apologize.”
Brooke stared directly into his eyes.
“I said no.”
Then she made the mistake that changed everything.
She stepped closer to Larry and said,
“You're not my father anyway, so stop acting like you have the right to tell me what to do.”
The room went completely silent.
Bethany's eyes widened.
Larry didn't say anything for several seconds.
The words had clearly hurt him.
Brooke realized she had gone too far—but her anger wouldn't let her take them back.
Larry finally spoke.
“You don't mean that.”
Brooke responded coldly.
“Yes, I do.”
Bethany whispered,
“Brooke…”
Brooke turned toward Bethany.
“And you need to stop pretending everything is okay. You're always making everything about yourself.”
Bethany's eyes filled with tears.
“Why are you talking to me like this?”
“Because I'm tired!”
“Tired of what?”
“Tired of this whole family!”
Larry stepped between them.
“Enough.”
Brooke pointed at him again.
“You can't keep telling me what to do!”
Larry raised his voice.
“I said enough!”
Brooke screamed back.
“MAKE ME!”
The atmosphere exploded.
Larry's emotions boiled over, and in the heat of the argument, he slapped Brooke.
The sound echoed through the room.
Everyone froze.
Brooke stood completely still.
Her hand slowly went to her cheek.
She looked at Larry in disbelief.
Larry immediately realized what he had done.
His anger disappeared.
“Brooke…”
She stared at him with tears forming in her eyes.
“You hit me?”
Larry took a step toward her.
“I shouldn't have done that.”
Brooke stepped backward.
“Don't touch me.”
“Brooke, listen—”
“No!”
Bethany was crying now.
“Larry, what did you just do?”
Larry looked devastated.
“I lost my temper.”
Brooke grabbed her purse.
“You know what? I'm done.”
“Where are you going?” Bethany asked.
“Anywhere but here.”
Larry tried to stop her.
“Brooke, please don't leave like this.”
She turned around.
“You already made your choice.”
Larry shook his head.
“No. I made a terrible mistake.”
Brooke wiped away her tears.
“A mistake?”
She laughed bitterly.
“You always tell me that people show you who they really are when they're angry.”
Larry couldn't answer.
Brooke continued.
“Well, now you showed me who you are.”
Bethany stepped forward.
“Brooke, please don't let this destroy the family.”
Brooke looked at her.
“I'm sorry, Bethany. But I can't stay here.”
She opened the door.
Larry called after her.
“Brooke!”
She stopped for a moment.
Larry's voice broke.
“I'm sorry.”
Brooke didn't turn around.
“You should've thought about that before you raised your hand.”
Then she walked out.
The door slammed shut.
Larry stood motionless in the middle of the living room.
Bethany looked at him through tears.
“This family was already falling apart…”
She paused.
“And now I don't know if we're ever going to put it back together.”
Larry sat down and covered his face.
“I don't know what happened to me.”
Meanwhile, Brooke walked down the street, crying uncontrollably.
She pulled out her phone and called someone.
When the person answered, Brooke could barely speak.
“I need somewhere to go.”
A voice on the other end asked,
“What happened?”
Brooke looked back toward Larry's house.
“He hit me.”
The person immediately became silent.
“Brooke… are you serious?”
She wiped her tears.
“Yes.”
Back inside the house, Larry's phone suddenly rang.
He looked at the screen.
It was an unknown number.
Larry answered.
“Hello?”
A man's angry voice came through.
“Larry, we need to talk about what happened to Brooke.”
Larry's face changed.
“Who is this?”
The man replied,
“You'll find out soon enough.”
The call ended.
Larry stared at the phone.
Bethany looked worried.
“Who was that?”
Larry slowly looked up.
“I don't know.”
Then there was a loud knock at the front door.
Larry and Bethany looked at each other.
Another knock.
This time, even louder.
Larry walked toward the door.
He opened it—
and froze.
Standing outside was someone Brooke had called for help.
And the person wasn't alone.
The next few minutes were about to change Larry and Bethany's entire family forever.

Comments
Post a Comment