SR Don’t Go Yet, Lynette…” Larry’s Surprise That Night Changed Their Relationship Forever!

Don’t Go Yet, Lynette…” Larry’s Surprise That Night Changed Their Relationship Forever!


The evening had been unusually quiet.

Lynette stood near the front door, slipping her coat over her shoulders while glancing at the clock.

“It’s getting late,” she said. “I should probably head home.”

Larry, who had been sitting silently in the living room, suddenly stood.

“Don’t go yet, Lynette.”

She turned around.

There was something different about his voice.

Not playful.

Not casual.

Almost nervous.

“Why?” she asked.

Larry smiled faintly.

“I have a surprise for you.”

Lynette raised an eyebrow.

“A surprise?”

“Yes.”

“What kind of surprise?”

“If I tell you, it won't be a surprise.”

She laughed.

“You've been acting strange all evening.”

“I know.”

“And now you're asking me to stay?”

“Just for a little while.”

Lynette studied his face.

“You're making me curious.”

“That was the idea.”

She slowly removed her coat.

“Fine. I'll stay.”

Larry smiled.

“Good.”

But Lynette noticed something immediately.

His hands were shaking.

“Larry?”

“Yeah?”

“Are you nervous?”

He looked away.

“A little.”

“Why?”

“You'll find out.”

For the next twenty minutes, Larry disappeared into the kitchen.

Lynette could hear cupboards opening and closing.

Then came the sound of something being dragged across the floor.

“What are you doing?” she called.

“Nothing!”

“That definitely sounded like something.”

Larry laughed.

“Just wait.”

Lynette smiled.

She had known Larry for years, but she had never seen him behave like this.

Finally, the lights went out.

Lynette gasped.

“Larry?”

“Don't move.”

“Why?”

“Trust me.”

A small light appeared in the hallway.

Then another.

Then another.

Tiny candles had been placed along the floor.

Lynette slowly walked forward.

At the end of the hallway was a table covered with photographs.

Old photographs.

Pictures of birthdays.

Family gatherings.

Road trips.

Moments Lynette had almost forgotten.

She picked up the first photograph.

It showed her and Larry laughing together years earlier.

She smiled.

“I remember this.”

“I do too.”

She picked up another.

“This was before the lake trip.”

“Yep.”

“You kept complaining about the weather.”

“I was right.”

“You were miserable.”

“I was cold.”

Lynette laughed.

Then she noticed something.

There were photographs she had never seen before.

Pictures of herself sleeping in the passenger seat during road trips.

Pictures of her laughing.

Pictures of ordinary moments.

She turned toward Larry.

“You kept all these?”

He nodded.

“Why?”

“Because they mattered.”

Lynette's smile faded.

“Larry…”

“There’s more.”

He reached beneath the table and pulled out a small wooden box.

He handed it to her.

“What is this?”

“Open it.”

Lynette hesitated.

Then she lifted the lid.

Inside was an old key.

She looked confused.

“What does this open?”

Larry took a deep breath.

“A house.”

Her expression changed.

“What house?”

“The little place near the lake.”

Lynette stared at him.

“The one you told me you sold?”

“I never sold it.”

“Then why did you say you did?”

“Because I wasn't ready to tell you.”

“Tell me what?”

Larry sat down.

“I kept that house because of you.”

Lynette stared at him.

“I don't understand.”

“Remember when we were younger? We talked about having a place where we could escape whenever life became too difficult?”

She nodded.

“You said you'd never actually do it.”

“I didn't think I would.”

He smiled.

“But I did.”

Lynette's eyes filled with tears.

“You bought that house?”

“Years ago.”

“And you never told me?”

“I wanted to surprise you.”

“Why now?”

Larry's expression became serious.

“Because I realized something.”

“What?”

“I've spent years waiting for the perfect moment.”

He paused.

“And there isn't one.”

Lynette sat beside him.

“What are you trying to say?”

Larry looked directly at her.

“I don't want to keep pretending you're just another person in my life.”

Her heart began pounding.

“Larry…”

“You're not.”

Silence.

“You're the person I think about when something good happens.”

Lynette looked down.

“You're the person I want to call when I'm having a terrible day.”

He continued.

“And you're the person I want beside me when everything else gets quiet.”

Lynette wiped a tear from her cheek.

“You should have told me years ago.”

“I was afraid.”

“Of what?”

“That I'd lose you.”

She looked at him.

“You almost did.”

“I know.”

Larry reached into his pocket.

He pulled out a second key.

“This isn't a proposal.”

Lynette laughed through her tears.

“I wasn't expecting one.”

“Good.”

He smiled.

“Because this is something else.”

He placed the key in her hand.

“It's yours.”

“What?”

“The house.”

Lynette stared at him.

Comments