HS... “Larry, Please Don’t Leave Me Tonight…” Bethany Was Hospitalized Again — What the Doctor Told Larry Left Him Heartbroken!
“Larry, Please Don’t Leave Me Tonight…” Bethany Was Hospitalized Again — What the Doctor Told Larry Left Him Heartbroken!
The night had started quietly.
Larry was at home when his phone suddenly rang. The moment he answered, he heard panic in Bethany’s voice.
“Larry… please come.”
“Bethany, what happened?”
“I don’t feel right,” she whispered. “Please… don’t leave me alone tonight.”
Larry immediately became worried.
“Where are you?”
“I’m at home. I’m really scared.”
Larry grabbed his keys and rushed out.
When he arrived, he found Bethany sitting on the couch, looking exhausted and frightened. She was holding her stomach and struggling to catch her breath.
“Bethany!”
Larry rushed over.
“I’m here. What’s happening?”
“I don’t know,” Bethany said through tears. “I just suddenly started feeling so weak.”
Larry helped her stand, but she almost collapsed.
“That’s it. We’re going to the hospital.”
“No, Larry…” Bethany grabbed his hand. “Please don’t leave me tonight.”
“I’m not leaving you.”
Within minutes, Larry got her into the car and drove straight to the hospital.
The Emergency Room
As soon as they arrived, nurses rushed Bethany into the emergency department.
Larry stood outside the treatment room, pacing nervously.
He kept looking at the closed door.
A few minutes later, a nurse came out.
“Are you Larry?”
“Yes. How is she?”
“She’s being examined right now. The doctor will speak with you as soon as they know more.”
Larry nodded, but his face showed how frightened he was.
He sat down and quietly whispered, “Please let her be okay.”
After what felt like an eternity, a doctor finally walked toward him.
“Are you Bethany’s family?”
“Yes. I'm Larry.”
The doctor's serious expression immediately frightened him.
“Larry, we need to talk.”
Larry stood up.
“Is she okay?”
“She’s stable at the moment, but we found something concerning.”
Larry's heart sank.
“What do you mean?”
The doctor explained that Bethany's symptoms were more serious than they initially appeared. The medical team needed to run additional tests and monitor her closely.
“Are you saying she could get worse?” Larry asked.
The doctor paused.
“We can't predict exactly what will happen tonight. That's why we're keeping her here.”
Larry looked toward the treatment room.
“Can I see her?”
The doctor nodded.
“Please Don't Leave Me…”
Larry entered the room and saw Bethany lying in the hospital bed.
She looked exhausted.
When she noticed Larry, tears immediately filled her eyes.
“You came.”
“I told you I would.”
Bethany reached for his hand.
“Larry… please don't leave me tonight.”
Larry sat beside her.
“I’m right here.”
“I’m scared.”
“I know.”
“What if something happens to me?”
Larry squeezed her hand.
“Don't think like that. The doctors are taking care of you.”
Bethany looked at him for several seconds.
“I don't want to be alone.”
“You won't be.”
For a moment, neither of them spoke.
The room was quiet except for the sounds of the medical monitors.
Bethany closed her eyes.
“Larry?”
“Yes?”
“If something happens…”
Larry immediately interrupted her.
“Nothing is going to happen.”
“But promise me you'll remember…”
“Bethany, stop.”
She began crying.
“I just don't know what tomorrow will bring.”
Larry leaned closer.
“We'll deal with tomorrow when it comes. Tonight, I'm staying right here.”
The Doctor Returns
Several hours later, the doctor returned with the test results.
Larry immediately stood.
“Doctor, please tell me the truth.”
The doctor looked at Bethany first and then at Larry.
“Some of the results are concerning.”
Larry's face fell.
“What does that mean?”
“We need to continue monitoring her and perform additional tests. She isn't ready to go home.”
Bethany looked frightened.
“Am I going to be okay?”
The doctor carefully explained that they were doing everything possible to stabilize her and determine the cause of her symptoms.
Larry asked, “How long will she have to stay?”
“At least overnight. Possibly longer, depending on how she responds.”
Larry nodded.
“Then I'll stay.”
The doctor gave him a sympathetic look.
“Just make sure she rests. She needs support right now.”
Larry's Heartbreak
After the doctor left, Larry sat beside Bethany.
She was staring at the ceiling.
“Larry…”
“I'm here.”
“I’m sorry.”
“For what?”
“For putting you through all of this.”
Larry shook his head.
“Don't apologize for being sick.”
Bethany started crying again.
“I thought I was strong enough to handle everything.”
Larry gently held her hand.
“You don't have to be strong every second.”
Bethany looked at him.
“Are you really staying tonight?”
“Yes.”
“Until morning?”
“Until morning.”
She finally smiled through her tears.
“Thank you.”
Larry leaned back in the chair beside her bed.
The hospital lights were dim, and the hallway had become quiet.
Bethany slowly closed her eyes.
For the first time that night, she felt safe.
But Larry couldn't sleep.
He kept looking at the monitor and then back at Bethany.
The doctor's words kept replaying in his mind:
“Some of the results are concerning.”
Larry knew this wasn't over.
The next few hours could change everything.
And as Bethany slept, Larry quietly whispered:
“Please… just give us one more chance to make everything right.”
Outside the hospital room, the doctor was reviewing Bethany's latest results.
Then another test result appeared on the screen.
The doctor stared at it for several seconds before immediately calling the nurse.

Comments
Post a Comment