HS... Larry Finally Decides to Divorce Bethany—But Her Tearful Plea Gets One Shocking Reply That Breaks Her Completely
Larry Finally Decides to Divorce Bethany—But Her Tearful Plea Gets One Shocking Reply That Breaks Her Completely
The house was unusually quiet that evening.
Larry sat alone at the dining table, staring at a stack of papers that had completely changed the way he saw his future.
The divorce documents were finally ready.
For weeks, Larry had been going back and forth in his mind. Every argument, every betrayal, every broken promise, and every painful memory had replayed in his head.
He had tried to forgive.
He had tried to forget.
He had tried to convince himself that things could go back to the way they once were.
But deep down, Larry knew something had changed.
The love was buried underneath too much pain.
Larry picked up the papers and slowly turned the pages.
Then he heard footsteps.
Bethany walked into the room.
She immediately noticed the papers in his hands.
Her face changed.
“Larry…”
He didn't look up.
“We need to talk.”
Bethany slowly walked closer.
“About what?”
Larry placed the papers on the table.
“About our marriage.”
Bethany stared at the documents.
Then she saw the word that made her heart sink.
DIVORCE.
Her eyes filled with tears.
“No…”
Larry remained silent.
“Larry, please tell me that's not what I think it is.”
Larry finally looked at her.
“It is.”
Bethany covered her mouth.
“You're really doing this?”
Larry nodded.
“I've made my decision.”
Bethany's tears began falling.
“But why? After everything we've been through, you're just going to walk away?”
Larry stood up.
“I didn't just decide this today, Bethany. I've been thinking about it for a long time.”
She shook her head.
“No. We can fix this.”
Larry sighed.
“We've been saying that for months.”
“We can still try!”
“I tried.”
Bethany stepped closer.
“Then try again!”
Larry looked away.
Bethany grabbed his arm.
“Please, Larry. Don't do this.”
He gently pulled his arm away.
“Bethany, please.”
“No!”
Her voice cracked.
“I don't want a divorce.”
Larry closed his eyes.
Bethany dropped to the couch, crying uncontrollably.
“I'll change. I'll do whatever it takes. Just don't leave me.”
Larry stared at her.
For a moment, his expression softened.
He remembered the good years.
The laughter.
The family gatherings.
The moments when they believed nothing could ever separate them.
But then he remembered all the pain that had followed.
He took a deep breath.
“Bethany…”
She looked up at him through her tears.
“Please…”
Larry's next words were quiet.
But they destroyed the last bit of hope she had.
“Bethany, I don't want to spend the rest of my life trying to recover from what happened between us.”
Bethany froze.
Her lips trembled.
“What… what does that mean?”
Larry continued.
“It means I don't want to keep fighting for a relationship that keeps breaking us.”
Bethany stared at him in disbelief.
“So you're saying I'm the reason you're unhappy?”
Larry shook his head.
“No. I'm saying we're unhappy together.”
That sentence hit her harder than anything else.
Bethany slowly looked down.
For several seconds, she couldn't speak.
Then she whispered,
“So there's nothing I can say?”
Larry shook his head.
“I've already made my decision.”
Bethany wiped her tears.
“What about everything we built?”
Larry looked around the room.
“Those memories will always be part of my life.”
“And what about me?”
Larry paused.
“You'll always be part of my history.”
Bethany's face crumbled.
“History?”
She repeated the word as if she couldn't believe what she had heard.
“I thought I was your future.”
Larry looked down.
“I thought that too.”
Bethany began crying again.
She walked toward him and held onto his hand.
“Larry, please don't let this be the end.”
Larry gently removed his hand.
“It already ended a long time ago. We just didn't want to admit it.”
Bethany stood completely still.
She finally realized that Larry wasn't threatening to leave.
He wasn't trying to scare her.
He had already decided.
The divorce was happening.
Suddenly, there was a knock at the door.
Larry's lawyer entered carrying the final documents.
Bethany immediately turned toward him.
“Please!”
The lawyer stopped.
Bethany wiped her tears.
“Can you tell him not to do this?”
The lawyer looked uncomfortable.
“Bethany, this is Larry's decision.”
She looked at Larry.
“You really want this?”
Larry nodded.
“Yes.”
Bethany's shoulders dropped.
She slowly sat down.
The lawyer placed the documents on the table.
Larry picked up the pen.
Bethany watched him with tears streaming down her face.
“Larry…”
He stopped.
She whispered,
“Is there really no part of you that still loves me?”
Larry looked at her for a long moment.
“There will always be a part of me that cares about you.”
Bethany's eyes filled with hope.
“But…”
Larry continued,
“Caring about someone isn't always enough to stay married to them.”
The hope disappeared from her face.
Larry signed the papers.
The lawyer took the documents and checked them.
Bethany looked away.
She couldn't watch anymore.
Larry stood up.
He walked toward the door.
Before leaving, he stopped.
He turned around.
Bethany was still sitting on the couch, crying silently.
Larry said,
“I hope one day you understand why I had to make this choice.”
Bethany didn't answer.
Larry walked out.
The door closed.
Bethany remained alone in the quiet room.
She looked at the empty chair where Larry had been sitting.
Then she noticed the divorce papers still lying on the table.
She slowly reached for them.
Her hands trembled as she read the final page.
At the bottom was Larry's signature.
Bethany closed her eyes.
A single tear rolled down her cheek.
She whispered,
“I really lost him…”
But what Bethany didn't know was that Larry wasn't leaving without pain.
Outside, he stood beside his car, staring at the house.
His eyes were filled with tears.
He quietly said to himself,
“Sometimes loving someone means accepting that you can't keep hurting each other.”
Then he got into his car and drove away.
Inside the house, Bethany continued staring at the papers.
The marriage that had survived countless arguments, heartbreaks, and difficult moments had finally reached its breaking point.
But just when Bethany thought everything was over…
Her phone suddenly buzzed.
She looked at the screen.
There was a message from Larry.
It contained only one sentence:
“There's one more truth you deserve to know.”
Bethany's eyes widened.
She immediately wondered—
What truth was Larry talking about?
And why had he waited until after signing the divorce papers to reveal it?

Comments
Post a Comment