HS... Brooke made the biggest and most shocking decision of her life. She married Cameron just to teach Isaiah a lesson

 Brooke made the biggest and most shocking decision of her life. She married Cameron just to teach Isaiah a lesson


Brooke had spent days trying to convince herself that she was finally over Isaiah.

But every time she closed her eyes, she remembered everything that had happened between them—the lies, the betrayal, the arguments, and the promises Isaiah had broken.

She had given him chance after chance.

And every time, Isaiah had found another way to disappoint her.

Brooke stood in front of the mirror one evening, staring at her reflection.

Her eyes were tired.

Her heart was even more tired.

“I can't keep doing this to myself,” she whispered.

Her phone suddenly buzzed.

It was Isaiah.

Isaiah: “Can we talk?”

Brooke stared at the message for several seconds.

Normally, she would have answered immediately.

This time, she didn't.

She put the phone down.

A few minutes later, another message appeared.

Isaiah: “Brooke, please. I just want to explain everything.”

Brooke's eyes filled with tears.

“Explain?” she whispered bitterly. “How many times are you going to explain the same thing?”

Then another thought entered her mind.

Cameron.

Cameron had been there when Isaiah wasn't.

He had listened when Brooke needed someone to talk to.

He had helped her when she felt completely alone.

But Brooke knew something important.

She wasn't in love with Cameron.

At least, she didn't think she was.

And yet, that night, Brooke made a decision that would shock everyone.

She called Cameron.


“Brooke?” Cameron answered.

“I need to see you.”

His voice immediately became concerned.

“Are you okay?”

“No,” Brooke replied. “But I know what I need to do.”

“What's that?”

Brooke took a deep breath.

“I want to marry you.”

There was complete silence on the other end.

Cameron thought he had misunderstood her.

“What?”

“I said I want to marry you.”

“Brooke, are you serious?”

“Yes.”

“Why?”

Brooke looked down.

“Because I'm tired of being the person Isaiah keeps hurting.”

Cameron immediately realized there was more behind her words.

“You're doing this because of Isaiah?”

Brooke didn't answer.

That silence was enough.

Cameron sighed.

“Brooke, don't marry me just because you're angry with him.”

“I know what I'm doing.”

“No, you don't,” Cameron replied gently. “You deserve to make a decision because you want me—not because you want to punish somebody else.”

Brooke's eyes filled with tears.

“I just want Isaiah to understand what he lost.”

Cameron looked at her when they finally met later that night.

“Are you sure this is what you want?”

Brooke nodded.

“I've never been more sure.”

But deep down, even Brooke wasn't completely convinced.


The next morning, Brooke shocked everyone.

She announced that she and Cameron were getting married.

When Larry heard the news, he nearly dropped his phone.

“You're WHAT?”

Brooke stood silently.

“I'm marrying Cameron.”

Larry stared at her.

“Brooke, slow down. This isn't something you decide overnight.”

“I already decided.”

“Why?”

Brooke looked away.

Larry immediately knew the answer.

“Isaiah?”

Brooke's expression changed.

“I'm not talking about Isaiah.”

“You don't have to,” Larry said. “I know you.”

Brooke became emotional.

“Dad, I'm tired of being hurt. I'm tired of letting people make me feel like I'm not enough.”

Larry stepped closer.

“Then don't. But marrying someone to get revenge isn't going to heal you.”

Brooke wiped away a tear.

“Maybe Cameron can.”

Larry shook his head.

“Only you can heal you.”

Brooke didn't respond.

She walked away.


Meanwhile, Isaiah had no idea what was coming.

He was still trying to contact Brooke.

He called.

No answer.

He texted.

Nothing.

Then he opened social media.

And his entire world seemed to stop.

There was a picture of Brooke and Cameron.

They were standing together.

And Brooke was wearing a ring.

The caption said:

“A new chapter begins.”

Isaiah's face went pale.

“No…”

He zoomed in on the picture.

Then his phone slipped from his hand.

“Brooke wouldn't do this.”

But moments later, another post appeared.

BROOKE AND CAMERON ARE GETTING MARRIED.

Isaiah couldn't breathe.

He immediately called Brooke.

This time, she answered.

“Why are you calling me?”

“Brooke, what's going on?”

“You saw the post.”

“You're marrying Cameron?”

“Yes.”

“Why?”

Brooke paused.

“Because I'm done waiting for you.”

Isaiah's voice became emotional.

“You can't be serious.”

“I am.”

“Brooke, please don't do this.”

“Do what?”

“Marry him because you're angry at me.”

Brooke's voice became cold.

“Maybe you should have thought about that before you betrayed me.”

Isaiah went silent.

Then he asked the question that Brooke had expected.

“Do you love him?”

Brooke couldn't answer immediately.

That silence told Isaiah everything.

“You don't,” he whispered.

Brooke's eyes filled with tears.

“That doesn't matter anymore.”

“It matters to me.”

“It should have mattered before.”

She ended the call.


The wedding preparations moved incredibly fast.

Friends and family were confused.

Some supported Brooke.

Others tried to convince her to slow down.

Cameron himself was still uncertain.

The night before the wedding, he sat with Brooke.

“There's still time to stop this.”

Brooke looked at him.

“Why are you saying that?”

“Because I don't want to wake up tomorrow and realize you married me just to make Isaiah jealous.”

Brooke became emotional.

“Cameron, you've been good to me.”

“I know.”

“And I appreciate everything you've done.”

“I know.”

“But…”

Cameron waited.

Brooke finally whispered:

“I'm scared.”

“Of what?”

“Of making the wrong decision again.”

Cameron reached for her hand.

“Then don't make a decision tonight.”

Brooke looked at him.

“But the wedding is tomorrow.”

“I don't care.”

“What?”

“I'd rather lose the wedding than become the person you use to hurt Isaiah.”

Brooke began crying.

For the first time, she realized Cameron wasn't trying to take advantage of her pain.

He genuinely cared about her.

And that made the decision even harder.


The next morning arrived.

Brooke stood in front of the mirror wearing her wedding dress.

She looked beautiful.

But her heart was confused.

Larry entered the room.

He looked at her for a long moment.

“Are you happy?”

Brooke looked into the mirror.

“I don't know.”

Larry sighed.

“Then you already have your answer.”

Brooke turned around.

“Dad…”

“You don't have to marry anyone today.”

“But everyone is waiting.”

“Let them wait.”

Brooke looked down.

“What if Isaiah thinks he won?”

Larry shook his head.

“Your life isn't a competition between you and Isaiah.”

Those words hit Brooke harder than anything else.

She realized she had been thinking about Isaiah the entire time.

Even on her wedding day.

Even while choosing her dress.

Even while putting on the ring.

Even while imagining her future.

Isaiah was still controlling her decisions.

Brooke suddenly wiped her tears.

“I need to talk to Cameron.”


Cameron was waiting at the ceremony.

Guests were seated.

The music was ready.

But Brooke hadn't arrived.

Then the doors opened.

Everyone turned.

Brooke walked inside.

Cameron smiled.

But he could see the uncertainty in her eyes.

She walked toward him.

When she reached him, she whispered:

“I need to tell you the truth.”

Cameron nodded.

“I know.”

“I wanted to marry you because I wanted Isaiah to suffer.”

Cameron lowered his eyes.

“I know.”

“I wanted him to see me move on.”

“I know.”

“But that's not fair to you.”

Cameron looked at her.

“And what do you want now?”

Brooke took a deep breath.

“I want to make a decision that belongs to me.”

The room became completely silent.

Brooke slowly removed the ring.

“I can't marry you today.”

Cameron's expression fell, but he nodded.

“I understand.”

Brooke began crying.

“I'm sorry.”

“Don't be,” Cameron said. “If we're ever going to have something real, it has to start with honesty.”

Brooke hugged him.

And for the first time in a long time, she felt like she had made a decision for herself.


Outside, Isaiah had arrived.

He had somehow learned about the wedding and came hoping to stop it.

When he saw Brooke walking outside without the wedding ring, his heart stopped.

“Brooke…”

She looked at him.

Isaiah walked closer.

“Did you really marry Cameron?”

Brooke shook her head.

“No.”

Isaiah looked relieved.

But Brooke immediately added:

“I almost did.”

His face changed.

“Why?”

“Because I wanted to teach you a lesson.”

Isaiah looked down.

“And did it work?”

Brooke stared at him.

“Yes.”

“What lesson?”

Brooke took a deep breath.

“That I should never make a life-changing decision because of someone who hurt me.”

Isaiah had no response.

Brooke continued:

“You hurt me, Isaiah. But I'm not going to let you control my future anymore.”

Isaiah's eyes filled with regret.

“Can we start over?”

Brooke shook her head.

“Maybe someday I'll forgive you.”

“And us?”

Brooke looked away.

“But right now, I need to learn how to choose myself.”

She walked away.

Isaiah stood there speechless.

And Cameron watched from a distance.

He knew Brooke's decision hadn't been the ending everyone expected.

But maybe it was the beginning she truly needed.v

Comments