HS... Bethany packs Brooke’s suitcase, while Larry silently watches, hiding a shocking plan Brooke never suspects.
Bethany packs Brooke’s suitcase, while Larry silently watches, hiding a shocking plan Brooke never suspects.
The house was unusually quiet that evening.
Brooke stood in the middle of her bedroom, staring at the open suitcase on her bed. Clothes were scattered everywhere, but she couldn't bring herself to pack a single thing. Her mind was filled with questions about college, her future, and everything that had happened between her, Isaiah, and her family.
Then Bethany walked into the room.
Without saying much, she began folding Brooke's clothes.
“Mom, what are you doing?” Brooke asked, confused.
Bethany forced a small smile. “I'm helping you pack.”
“Pack for what?”
Bethany paused for a moment.
“For your new beginning,” she finally said.
Brooke frowned. “You make it sound like I'm never coming back.”
Bethany looked away.
“Sometimes, Brooke, you have to leave a place for a little while to understand what you really want.”
Brooke didn't understand what she meant.
Across the hallway, Larry stood silently near the door.
He watched Bethany carefully fold Brooke's favorite clothes and place them inside the suitcase. His expression was impossible to read.
Brooke noticed him.
“Dad, why are you just standing there?”
Larry immediately smiled.
“Nothing. I was just checking on you.”
But Brooke could sense something was wrong.
Larry walked away before she could ask another question.
What Brooke didn't know was that Larry had been planning something for days.
And tonight, he was finally ready to put that plan into motion.
Later that evening, Bethany placed Brooke's shoes inside the suitcase.
Brooke sat on the edge of the bed.
“Mom, seriously… where am I going?”
Bethany took a deep breath.
“You're going somewhere safe.”
“Where?”
“I can't tell you yet.”
Brooke's eyes widened.
“Why not?”
“Because your father wants to explain everything himself.”
Brooke immediately became suspicious.
“Dad?”
Bethany nodded.
Brooke jumped up.
“What's Dad planning?”
Bethany looked toward the hallway.
“I promised Larry I wouldn't say anything.”
“Mom!”
Before Bethany could answer, Larry appeared at the doorway.
“That's enough,” he said softly.
Brooke stared at him.
“Dad, what's going on?”
Larry walked into the room and looked at the suitcase.
“You're leaving tomorrow morning.”
Brooke's heart dropped.
“Leaving for where?”
Larry didn't answer.
“Is this about Isaiah?”
“No.”
“College?”
“No.”
“Then what is it?”
Larry sat beside her.
“Brooke, I know you've been through a lot. You've been hurt, betrayed, and confused. Your mother and I have watched you struggle, and we've realized something.”
“What?”
“You need a fresh start.”
Brooke shook her head.
“I don't need you to decide my life for me.”
Larry nodded.
“I know.”
“Then why are you doing this?”
Larry looked at Bethany.
For a moment, neither parent spoke.
Finally, Larry said, “Because sometimes protecting someone means making a difficult decision before they understand why.”
Brooke became even more suspicious.
That night, Brooke couldn't sleep.
She kept thinking about Larry's strange behavior.
Why was everyone acting like they knew something she didn't?
At around midnight, she quietly left her bedroom and walked downstairs.
She heard voices coming from Larry's office.
She stopped outside the door.
It was Larry and Bethany.
“We can't tell her yet,” Bethany whispered.
“I know,” Larry replied.
“What if she refuses to go?”
“She won't.”
“How are you so sure?”
“Because everything is already arranged.”
Brooke's eyes widened.
Arranged?
She leaned closer.
Bethany asked, “And what about the documents?”
Larry answered, “They're ready.”
Brooke covered her mouth.
Documents?
What was Larry talking about?
She quietly returned to her bedroom before they could notice her.
The next morning, Brooke woke up to find her suitcase already sitting beside the front door.
Bethany was waiting downstairs.
“Good morning,” she said.
Brooke didn't answer.
She stared at the suitcase.
“Mom… what's in there?”
“Everything you'll need.”
Brooke looked toward Larry.
He was holding a folder.
“Dad, what's that?”
Larry smiled.
“Something you'll understand soon.”
“Why won't anyone tell me what's happening?”
Larry walked toward her.
“Because I want this moment to be a surprise.”
Brooke's heart began racing.
“A surprise?”
“Yes.”
Larry handed her the folder.
Brooke opened it.
Inside was a plane ticket.
Her eyes widened.
“I'm leaving the state?”
Larry nodded.
“Today.”
Brooke couldn't believe it.
“Where?”
Larry pointed to the destination.
Brooke stared at the ticket in complete shock.
It wasn't just another city.
It was the place where Brooke had once dreamed of starting over.
Her dream college town.
She looked at Larry.
“You did this?”
“I did.”
“But why?”
Larry's expression softened.
“Because I know you've been fighting for everyone else for too long. I want you to have a chance to build a life that belongs to you.”
Brooke's eyes filled with tears.
“But you said I needed a fresh start…”
“I meant it.”
Bethany stepped forward and hugged Brooke.
“This isn't us abandoning you,” she whispered. “It's us believing in you.”
Brooke looked between them.
For the first time, she realized that the suitcase hadn't been packed because her parents wanted to get rid of her.
They had packed it because Larry had secretly arranged something that could completely change her future.
But there was still one thing Brooke didn't know.
Larry hadn't only arranged a college opportunity.
He had also prepared one final surprise.
At the airport, Brooke looked at her parents.
“Dad, what else are you hiding?”
Larry smiled.
“Just wait.”
A few minutes later, a familiar person walked toward them.
Brooke froze.
“There's no way…”
Larry smiled.
“I thought you might need someone you trust when you start this new chapter.”
Brooke couldn't believe what she was seeing.
The person had come specifically to help Brooke settle into her new life.
Brooke turned toward Larry with tears in her eyes.
“You planned all of this?”
Larry nodded.
“For weeks.”
“Why didn't you tell me?”
“Because if I told you, you would've found a hundred reasons to say no.”
Brooke laughed through her tears.
Bethany hugged her tightly.
“Sometimes the biggest surprises come disguised as the scariest decisions.”
Brooke looked at her suitcase.
Just the night before, that suitcase had made her feel terrified.
Now it represented something completely different.
A new beginning.
A second chance.
And perhaps, finally, a future that wasn't controlled by Isaiah, family drama, or the mistakes of the past.
As Brooke walked toward the gate, she turned around one last time.
Larry raised his hand.
Bethany smiled.
Brooke smiled back.
But just before she disappeared through the gate, Larry received a phone notification.
His expression suddenly changed.
Bethany noticed.
“What happened?”
Larry quickly locked his phone.
“Nothing.”
Bethany stared at him.
“Larry…”
He looked toward Brooke disappearing into the distance.
Then he quietly whispered,
“She still doesn't know the biggest part of my plan.”
Bethany's eyes widened.
“What are you talking about?”
Larry smiled mysteriously.
“You'll find out soon.”
And with that, Larry put his phone away.
Brooke thought she was simply leaving for a fresh start.
She had no idea that Larry's secret plan could soon bring another shocking twist into her life.

Comments
Post a Comment