AZ. Larry Handed Bethany the Divorce Papers Right in the Hospital—But When the Doctor Gave Them to Her, Her Reaction Was Unbelievable!

Larry Handed Bethany the Divorce Papers Right in the Hospital—But When the Doctor Gave Them to Her, Her Reaction Was Unbelievable!


Chapter 1 — The Hospital Room

The hospital room was unusually quiet.

Bethany was lying in bed, exhausted after everything she had been through. The last few days had been filled with emotional conversations, difficult decisions, and constant tension surrounding her relationship with Larry.

She expected Larry to visit her.

But she didn't expect what he was about to bring.

When Larry finally walked through the hospital doors, he looked unusually serious.

Bethany smiled weakly.

“Larry… you're here.”

Larry nodded.

“I needed to see you.”

Bethany immediately noticed something was wrong.

“You look upset.”

Larry sat beside the bed but barely said a word.

Then he pulled a sealed envelope from his jacket.

Bethany stared at it.

“What is that?”

Larry looked down.

“I need you to read it.”

Bethany reached for the envelope.

But before she could open it, Larry stopped her.

“Not yet.”

Bethany looked confused.

“Then why did you bring it?”

Larry took a deep breath.

“Because I don't know how else to say this.”


Chapter 2 — Larry Makes the Decision

Larry struggled to find the right words.

“I've thought about this for a long time.”

Bethany's heart began racing.

“About what?”

Larry looked directly at her.

“About us.”

Bethany immediately became emotional.

“Larry, please don't start this again.”

“I have to.”

The arguments, misunderstandings, and painful moments between them had continued for so long that Larry felt completely exhausted.

“I don't want to keep hurting you,” he said.

Bethany looked away.

“So what are you saying?”

Larry remained silent.

Then he finally whispered:

“I think we need to get divorced.”

Bethany stared at him.

She couldn't believe what she had just heard.

“You came to my hospital room to tell me that?”

Larry nodded sadly.

“I didn't want you to hear it from someone else.”

Bethany's eyes filled with tears.

She looked at the envelope.

“Are those divorce papers?”

Larry nodded.

“Yes.”

Bethany refused to touch them.

“Get them away from me.”

Larry stood there helplessly.

Then the door opened.

The doctor walked into the room.

And Larry made a decision that would change everything.


Chapter 3 — The Doctor Gets Involved

The doctor immediately noticed the tension.

“Is everything okay?”

Bethany didn't answer.

Larry quietly explained that he had brought important legal documents.

The doctor looked uncomfortable.

“This is a hospital room. You need to make sure she's emotionally able to deal with anything you're asking her to sign.”

Larry nodded.

“I understand.”

Bethany looked at the doctor.

“Please don't leave.”

The doctor remained beside her.

Larry placed the envelope on the table.

“I won't pressure you to sign anything right now.”

Bethany stared at the envelope.

“Then why are you doing this?”

Larry's voice became emotional.

“Because I believe our marriage has reached a point where we both need to make a decision.”

Bethany shook her head.

“You're giving up on us while I'm lying in a hospital bed.”

Larry looked devastated.

“That's not what I want.”

“Then what do you want?”

Larry didn't answer.

The doctor finally picked up the envelope.

“I'll make sure she receives these when she's ready.”

Larry nodded.

He turned toward the door.

Before leaving, he looked back at Bethany.

“I never wanted things to end like this.”

Then he walked away.

Bethany watched him disappear.


Chapter 4 — The Doctor Hands Her the Papers

Several hours passed.

Bethany barely spoke.

She kept staring at the ceiling, thinking about everything that had happened between her and Larry.

Eventually, the doctor returned.

He was carrying the envelope.

“Bethany?”

She looked at him.

“These were left for you.”

Bethany immediately knew what they were.

She took the envelope with trembling hands.

The doctor remained nearby.

“You don't have to make any decision tonight.”

Bethany slowly opened it.

The first page was clearly marked with the word:

DIVORCE.

Her breathing became heavier.

She read the first few lines.

Then she stopped.

Her eyes filled with tears.

The doctor asked if she wanted him to call someone.

Bethany shook her head.

“No.”

She continued reading.

Then something completely unexpected happened.

Instead of crying, Bethany suddenly started laughing.

The doctor looked confused.

“Are you okay?”

Bethany wiped away her tears.

“You know what?”

She looked at the papers again.

“I've been waiting for this.”

The doctor was stunned.

“Waiting for what?”

Bethany smiled sadly.

“For Larry to finally admit that he doesn't know how to fix this.”


Chapter 5 — Bethany’s Unexpected Reaction

The doctor couldn't understand her reaction.

“You're not angry?”

Bethany looked at the papers.

“Of course I'm angry.”

She took a deep breath.

“But I'm also tired.”

She explained that she had spent months trying to save the relationship.

Every argument had made her wonder whether Larry still wanted to be with her.

Every apology had given her hope.

Every new problem had taken that hope away.

“Maybe this is what we both need,” Bethany whispered.

The doctor asked:

“Are you planning to sign them?”

Bethany shook her head.

“Not tonight.”

She folded the papers carefully.

“I need to understand what I'm actually agreeing to.”

The doctor nodded.

“That is a wise decision.”

Bethany placed the papers beside her.

Then her phone buzzed.

It was Larry.

She stared at his name.

For several seconds, she didn't answer.

Finally, she picked up.

“Hello?”

Larry's voice was emotional.

“Did you get the papers?”

Bethany looked at them.

“Yes.”

“And?”

Bethany paused.

“You'll have to wait.”

Larry didn't know what that meant.


Chapter 6 — Larry Regrets His Decision

After the call ended, Larry sat alone in his car outside the hospital.

He had expected Bethany to scream.

He expected her to accuse him of abandoning her.

Instead, she had simply said:

“You'll have to wait.”

Those words stayed in his mind.

Larry began wondering whether he had made the wrong decision.

He remembered the good times.

Their first meetings.

Their laughter.

The moments when they supported each other.

And even the arguments suddenly felt different.

Maybe the marriage wasn't completely broken.

Maybe they had simply stopped listening to each other.

Larry eventually returned to the hospital.

But he didn't go inside immediately.

He stood outside Bethany's room.

He heard her talking to the doctor.

“She deserves the truth,” Bethany said.

Larry froze.

What truth was she talking about?

He slowly opened the door.

Bethany looked toward him.

“Larry.”

He stepped inside.

“I need to talk to you.”

Bethany nodded.

“Then talk.”


Chapter 7 — The Truth Comes Out

Larry sat beside her.

“I think I made a mistake.”

Bethany looked surprised.

“You're already changing your mind?”

Larry shook his head.

“I don't know.”

Bethany became frustrated.

“You can't keep doing this to me.”

“I know.”

“You can't hand me divorce papers one minute and tell me you regret it the next.”

Larry lowered his head.

“You're right.”

Bethany looked at him.

“Then why did you bring them?”

Larry finally admitted that he had been overwhelmed.

He thought divorce would end the constant fighting.

But after leaving the hospital, he realized he didn't actually want to lose Bethany.

Bethany became emotional.

“Then you should have told me that.”

“I was scared.”

“So was I.”

The two sat in silence.

Then Bethany picked up the divorce papers.

She looked at them one more time.

And suddenly, she tore the envelope open wider.

Larry watched nervously.

“What are you doing?”

Bethany looked at him.

“I'm making my own decision now.”


Chapter 8 — Bethany Takes Control

Bethany refused to sign anything immediately.

Instead, she told Larry that she needed time to think.

“I don't want to stay married because we're afraid of being alone.”

Larry nodded.

“And I don't want to get divorced because we're angry.”

Bethany looked at him.

“Then what do we do?”

Larry didn't know.

For the first time, neither of them had an answer.

The doctor returned to check on Bethany.

He noticed the papers.

“Have you made a decision?”

Bethany shook her head.

“No.”

The doctor smiled.

“Then don't make one until you're ready.”

Bethany thanked him.

Larry stood up.

“I'll leave you alone.”

But Bethany stopped him.

“Wait.”

Larry turned around.

Bethany looked emotional.

“Don't disappear.”

Larry nodded.

“I won't.”

He walked back toward her.

For the first time in a long time, they hugged without arguing.

But neither of them knew that someone outside the hospital room had overheard everything.


Chapter 9 — The Unexpected Visitor

The hospital door suddenly opened.

A familiar person walked in.

Larry and Bethany immediately looked toward the door.

The visitor had a serious expression.

“I heard about the divorce papers.”

Bethany looked confused.

“How?”

The visitor explained that the news had already started spreading.

Larry became frustrated.

“I didn't want anyone else involved.”

The visitor looked at him.

“You need to be careful.”

“Why?”

“Because someone is trying to use your divorce against both of you.”

Bethany became nervous.

“What do you mean?”

The visitor explained that someone had apparently been collecting information about their arguments and personal problems.

They wanted to use it to create even more conflict.

Larry looked at Bethany.

“Who?”

The visitor shook their head.

“I don't know yet.”

Then they handed Larry a phone.

There was a message on the screen.

It read:

“If Larry and Bethany divorce, everything will finally belong to me.”

Everyone became silent.

Bethany looked at Larry.

“This isn't just about us anymore.”

Larry nodded.

“I know.”


Chapter 10 — The Decision That Shocked Everyone

The next morning, Larry returned to Bethany's hospital room.

He was carrying the divorce papers.

Bethany looked at him.

“Why did you bring them back?”

Larry placed the documents on the table.

“Because I want you to have a choice.”

Bethany looked confused.

Larry continued.

“If you truly want this marriage to end, I'll respect your decision.”

Bethany stared at him.

“But if there's still a part of you that wants to fight for us…”

He paused.

“I want to try one more time.”

Bethany became emotional.

She looked at the divorce papers.

Then she looked at Larry.

She slowly pushed the documents away.

“I don't want to sign them today.”

Larry's eyes filled with tears.

“Does that mean there's still hope?”

Bethany nodded.

“There is hope.”

The doctor, who had been standing nearby, smiled quietly.

But then Bethany added:

“However, things can't go back to the way they were.”

Larry nodded.

“I agree.”

Bethany reached for his hand.

“We start over.”

Larry held her hand.

For the first time, the divorce papers were no longer the center of the conversation.

But just as they thought the crisis was over, Bethany's phone suddenly rang.

She answered.

A mysterious voice said:

“You made the wrong choice. Now you're both going to regret it.”

The call ended.

Bethany looked at Larry.

Larry's expression became serious.

The divorce might have been put on hold…

But someone else had just declared war on their future.

TO BE CONTINUED… 😱🚨💔

Comments