AZ.... Despite Bethany and Larry’s objections, Brooke accepted Lynette’s offer and decided to go to Lynette’s house. Larry tried to stop her, but Brooke was determined to leave and head to Lynette’s home.
Despite Bethany and Larry’s objections, Brooke accepted Lynette’s offer and decided to go to Lynette’s house. Larry tried to stop her, but Brooke was determined to leave and head to Lynette’s home.
The tension inside Larry’s house had been building for days.
Brooke stood in the middle of the living room with a small bag in her hand. Her eyes were filled with determination, but Larry could see that she was also hurt.
Bethany stood nearby, worried.
“Brooke, please think about what you’re doing,” Bethany said. “Going to Lynette’s house right now is not the answer.”
Brooke shook her head.
“I’ve already thought about it. I’m going.”
Larry immediately stepped forward.
“No, you’re not.”
Brooke looked at him.
“Dad, I’m not asking for permission anymore.”
Larry was stunned.
“Brooke, you’re making a huge mistake. Lynette is only offering you a place to stay because she wants to turn you against us.”
“That’s not true!” Brooke shouted. “She was the only person who offered me somewhere to go when I felt like nobody wanted me here!”
Bethany tried to calm her down.
“We want you here. We’re just worried about you.”
Brooke's eyes filled with tears.
“Then why does it feel like nobody listens to me?”
The room suddenly became silent.
Larry's expression softened.
“Because we’re trying to protect you.”
“No,” Brooke replied. “You’re trying to control me.”
Larry looked away.
Brooke picked up her bag.
Bethany stepped in front of the door.
“Brooke, please. Just stay tonight. We can talk tomorrow when everyone has calmed down.”
Brooke shook her head.
“I’ve heard that before.”
She moved toward the door.
Larry followed her.
“Brooke, stop.”
She turned around.
“What?”
“You're not leaving this house.”
Brooke stared at him in disbelief.
“You can't force me to stay.”
Larry's voice became firm.
“I’m your father, and I’m telling you that you’re not going to Lynette’s house.”
Brooke tightened her grip on her bag.
“And I’m telling you that I’m going.”
Bethany looked between them, terrified that the argument would get worse.
“Larry, let her calm down,” she said.
Larry shook his head.
“No. If she walks out that door, she might not come back.”
Brooke's voice cracked.
“Maybe that's what you’re afraid of.”
Larry froze.
“What does that mean?”
“It means maybe you’re finally realizing that I can live without you controlling every decision I make.”
Larry didn't know what to say.
Brooke opened the door.
Larry reached for the door handle, trying to stop her from leaving.
“Brooke, please!”
She looked back at him.
“Dad, I love you. But I need space.”
Those words hit Larry harder than any argument could have.
Bethany walked toward Brooke.
“Please call us when you get there.”
Brooke nodded.
“I will.”
Then she stepped outside.
Larry followed her onto the porch.
“Brooke!”
She kept walking.
Larry stood there watching as she headed toward the waiting car.
“Brooke, at least tell me why you trust Lynette more than you trust us!”
Brooke stopped.
She slowly turned around.
“I don't trust her more.”
Larry waited.
“I just feel like she actually listens to me.”
Larry's face fell.
Brooke got into the car.
A few seconds later, the vehicle began moving.
Larry watched it disappear down the street.
Bethany came outside and stood beside him.
“You should have let her go peacefully,” she said softly.
Larry sighed.
“I was scared.”
“I know.”
“What if something happens to her?”
Bethany placed a hand on his shoulder.
“She’s still our Brooke. She isn't disappearing forever.”
But Larry couldn't shake the feeling that something had changed.
Meanwhile, Brooke sat quietly in the passenger seat.
Her phone kept buzzing.
She looked down.
Several missed calls from Larry.
A message from Bethany appeared:
“Please let us know when you arrive. We love you.”
Brooke stared at the message for a long time.
She wanted to cry.
She wanted to turn around.
But she also knew she needed to see this decision through.
When she finally arrived at Lynette's house, Lynette was waiting at the front door.
The moment she saw Brooke carrying a bag, her expression changed.
“You actually came.”
Brooke nodded.
“I didn't know where else to go.”
Lynette stepped aside.
“Come in. You're safe here.”
Brooke walked inside.
For the first time that night, she put her bag down.
Lynette gave her a glass of water.
“You don't have to explain anything tonight,” she said. “Just get some rest.”
Brooke sat on the couch.
“Thank you.”
But just as she began to relax, her phone rang.
Larry.
Brooke stared at the screen.
Lynette noticed.
“You don't have to answer.”
Brooke hesitated before picking up.
“Hello?”
Larry's voice was emotional.
“Are you there?”
“Yes.”
“Are you okay?”
“Yes, Dad.”
There was a long silence.
Then Larry said something Brooke didn't expect.
“I’m sorry.”
Brooke closed her eyes.
“Sorry for what?”
“For not listening to you.”
Brooke's eyes filled with tears.
Larry continued.
“I thought stopping you was protecting you. Maybe I was wrong.”
Brooke didn't respond.
“I just don't want to lose you,” Larry said.
Brooke wiped away a tear.
“You're not losing me. But you have to trust me.”
Larry took a deep breath.
“I'll try.”
The call ended.
Brooke looked at Lynette.
“I don't know if I made the right decision.”
Lynette smiled gently.
“You don't have to know tonight.”
Brooke nodded.
Later that night, Larry sat alone in the living room.
Bethany found him staring at Brooke's empty chair.
“You're worried,” she said.
Larry nodded.
“I kept trying to stop her because I was afraid.”
Bethany sat beside him.
“Then maybe this is the moment we stop trying to control her and start showing her that she can come home whenever she's ready.”
Larry looked at her.
“What if she doesn't come back?”
Bethany sighed.
“Then we make sure she knows she always has a family to come back to.”
Across town, Brooke stood by the bedroom window at Lynette's house.
She looked at the lights outside and took a deep breath.
She knew the decision she had made would change her relationship with Larry and Bethany.
But she also knew something else.
For the first time, she had made a choice for herself.
And tomorrow, everyone would have to face the consequences.
Comments
Post a Comment