AZ... Bethany Finally Told Larry She Was Pregnant, But Larry Refused to Have the BabyBut What Happened Next Was Something No One Saw Coming!
Bethany Finally Told Larry She Was Pregnant, But Larry Refused to Have the BabyBut What Happened Next Was Something No One Saw Coming!
The house was unusually quiet that evening.
Bethany sat alone on the edge of the bed, staring down at the pregnancy test in her trembling hands. She had taken the test three times because she simply couldn't believe what she was seeing.
Positive.
Every single one.
For several minutes, she couldn't move.
Her mind was racing.
“How am I going to tell Larry?” she whispered to herself.
She knew Larry wasn't going to take the news easily. Their relationship had already been through arguments, secrets, heartbreak, and more problems than either of them could count.
But Bethany had made up her mind.
She was going to tell him.
A few minutes later, she heard Larry walk through the front door.
“Bethany? Where you at?”
She quickly wiped her tears and walked downstairs.
Larry noticed immediately that something was wrong.
“What's going on?” he asked.
Bethany looked at him silently.
“Larry… I need to tell you something.”
Larry frowned.
“Okay. What is it?”
Bethany took a deep breath.
“I’m pregnant.”
Larry froze.
For several seconds, he didn't say a word.
His expression completely changed.
“Wait… what?”
“I’m pregnant,” Bethany repeated, her voice shaking.
Larry slowly sat down on the couch.
“You sure?”
Bethany nodded.
“I took three tests.”
Larry stared at the floor.
Bethany expected him to hug her.
She expected him to smile.
She expected him to say they would figure everything out together.
Instead, Larry stood up.
“No.”
Bethany's smile disappeared.
“What do you mean, no?”
“I mean I can't do this.”
Bethany stared at him in disbelief.
“You can't do what?”
“I can't have another baby, Bethany.”
Her eyes immediately filled with tears.
“But Larry… this is our baby.”
Larry shook his head.
“I don't care. I’m not ready for this.”
Bethany's voice cracked.
“You’re not ready? Larry, neither am I! But this baby is already here!”
Larry began pacing around the room.
“You don't understand everything that's going on in my life.”
“And you don't understand what's happening to me!” Bethany shouted.
Larry stopped.
Bethany held her stomach.
“I've been scared all day. I didn't know how you were going to react. But I never imagined you'd look me in the eyes and tell me you don't want our baby.”
Larry lowered his voice.
“I’m telling you right now, Bethany. I don't want this pregnancy.”
Bethany couldn't believe what she was hearing.
She wiped her tears.
“So what are you saying?”
Larry hesitated.
“I think you need to make a decision.”
Bethany stared at him.
“What kind of decision?”
Larry looked away.
“You know what I mean.”
Bethany's face changed.
“No… I don't.”
“You have options.”
Bethany immediately shook her head.
“Don't you dare tell me what to do with my baby.”
Larry sighed.
“I’m just being honest.”
“No, Larry,” Bethany said through tears. “You're running away.”
Larry became frustrated.
“I'm not running away!”
“You are!”
Bethany grabbed her purse and walked toward the door.
Larry called after her.
“Where are you going?”
“Somewhere I can think without somebody telling me that my baby shouldn't exist.”
She opened the door.
Before she could step outside, Larry said something that stopped her.
“If you leave right now, don't expect me to suddenly change my mind.”
Bethany slowly turned around.
She looked at him with tears running down her cheeks.
“I wasn't expecting you to change your mind tonight.”
She paused.
“I was expecting you to be the man I thought you were.”
Then she walked away.
THE NEXT MORNING
Bethany spent the entire night crying.
She barely slept.
By morning, she had made a decision.
She was going to keep the baby.
She didn't know how she was going to do it.
She didn't know what Larry was going to do.
But she knew one thing.
She wasn't going to let anyone pressure her into making a decision she didn't want to make.
Later that morning, Bethany went to the hospital for an appointment.
The doctor examined her and ordered several tests.
After the ultrasound, the doctor suddenly became quiet.
Bethany noticed.
“Doctor… is everything okay?”
The doctor looked at the screen again.
“There’s something I need to discuss with you.”
Bethany's heart started pounding.
“What is it?”
The doctor took a deep breath.
“Your pregnancy is confirmed, but there’s another finding.”
Bethany sat up.
“What finding?”
The doctor looked at her carefully.
“We're seeing something unusual, and we need additional tests before we can tell you exactly what it means.”
Bethany immediately thought about Larry.
“Is my baby okay?”
“We don't know yet,” the doctor replied gently. “That's why we need to investigate further.”
Bethany began crying.
“Please… just tell me my baby is going to be okay.”
The doctor reassured her that they would do everything possible to find out what was happening.
But Bethany left the hospital terrified.
LARRY GETS A PHONE CALL
That afternoon, Larry was sitting at home when his phone rang.
It was the hospital.
“Mr. Larry?”
“Yes?”
“This is the hospital calling about Bethany.”
Larry immediately stood up.
“What happened?”
“She came in for an appointment earlier today.”
Larry's heart started beating faster.
“Is she okay?”
“She’s stable, but the doctor would like you to come in.”
Larry looked confused.
“Why?”
The person on the phone paused.
“I think it would be best if you discussed that with the doctor in person.”
The call ended.
Larry grabbed his keys.
For the first time since Bethany had told him she was pregnant, fear replaced his anger.
AT THE HOSPITAL
Larry rushed into the hospital.
He found Bethany sitting alone in the waiting room.
Her eyes were red from crying.
Larry approached her.
“Bethany…”
She didn't look at him.
“What happened?”
Bethany shook her head.
“I don't know.”
Larry sat beside her.
“Why did the hospital call me?”
Bethany finally looked at him.
“Because something showed up during the ultrasound.”
Larry's face went pale.
“Is the baby okay?”
“I don't know.”
Larry suddenly reached for her hand.
Bethany pulled away.
“Why are you doing that now?”
Larry looked confused.
“Because I'm worried.”
“You were worried about yourself yesterday.”
Larry looked down.
Bethany continued.
“You told me you didn't want this baby.”
Larry remained silent.
“And now you're scared something might happen?”
Larry swallowed hard.
“I was wrong.”
Bethany stared at him.
“What?”
“I said I didn't want the baby because I was scared.”
Bethany's eyes filled with tears again.
“But you hurt me.”
“I know.”
“You made me feel completely alone.”
“I know.”
“And now you expect me to forget everything because you're scared?”
Larry shook his head.
“No. I don't expect that.”
Before they could say anything else, the doctor walked toward them.
“Larry?”
“Yes.”
“Can we talk privately?”
Larry stood up.
Bethany followed.
THE DOCTOR'S REVELATION
The doctor sat across from them.
“We've reviewed the initial results.”
Larry looked nervous.
“What did you find?”
The doctor looked at Bethany first.
“Your pregnancy is progressing, but the first scan wasn't clear enough for us to determine everything.”
Bethany held her breath.
“We've scheduled a more detailed examination.”
Larry asked:
“Does that mean something is wrong?”
“Not necessarily,” the doctor replied. “There are several possible explanations. We simply need more information.”
Larry looked at Bethany.
For the first time, he realized how serious everything had become.
He reached for her hand again.
This time, Bethany didn't pull away.
THREE DAYS LATER
Bethany returned to the hospital.
Larry came with her.
They waited anxiously while the doctor performed the examination.
After several minutes, the doctor smiled.
“I have good news.”
Bethany immediately started crying.
“Is the baby okay?”
“Yes.”
Larry closed his eyes in relief.
Bethany covered her face.
“Oh, thank God.”
The doctor continued.
“We're not seeing the complication we were initially concerned about.”
Larry looked at Bethany.
She smiled through her tears.
Then the doctor said:
“And there's something else.”
Bethany looked confused.
“What?”
The doctor turned the monitor toward them.
“You're not expecting one baby.”
Larry's eyes widened.
“What?”
The doctor smiled.
“You're expecting twins.”
Bethany gasped.
Larry stood completely frozen.
“Twins?”
The doctor nodded.
Bethany began laughing and crying at the same time.
Larry looked at the screen.
Two tiny lives.
Two heartbeats.
Everything he had been afraid of suddenly felt different.
He turned toward Bethany.
“I’m sorry.”
Bethany looked at him.
“For what?”
“For saying I didn't want this baby.”
Bethany wiped her tears.
“You said you didn't want one baby.”
Larry smiled sadly.
“Apparently, I'm getting two.”
Bethany laughed through her tears.
But then Larry became serious.
“I can't take back what I said. But I can change what I do from this point forward.”
Bethany stared at him.
“Are you really ready?”
Larry nodded.
“I don't know if anybody is ever completely ready for something this big.”
He looked at the ultrasound.
“But I'm ready to try.”
Bethany slowly took his hand.
BUT THEN… THE PHONE RANG
Just when they thought the worst was over, Larry's phone started ringing.
He looked at the screen.
His expression suddenly changed.
Bethany noticed.
“Who is that?”
Larry didn't answer.
The phone continued ringing.
Finally, he picked up.
“Hello?”
A woman's voice came from the other end.
“Larry, we need to talk.”
Larry froze.
Bethany looked at him.
“Who is it?”
Larry slowly lowered the phone.
His face had gone completely pale.
Bethany stood up.
“Larry… who was that?”
He looked at her.
“I don't know how to tell you this.”
“What?”
Larry took a deep breath.
“The woman who just called says she has information about the pregnancy.”
Bethany's smile disappeared.
“What kind of information?”
Larry looked toward the hospital room.
“I don't know.”
The mysterious caller had promised to meet them the next morning.
And according to her…
She had proof that could change everything.
Bethany looked at Larry.
“Then tomorrow, we find out the truth.”
Larry nodded.
But neither of them knew that the next day would reveal a secret that could completely change their family forever.

Comments
Post a Comment