AP... Breaking:"Larry and Sharra Were Taking Brooke to College When Larry Got an Emergency Call About Bethany
Breaking:"Larry and Sharra Were Taking Brooke to College When Larry Got an Emergency Call About Bethany
It was supposed to be one of the happiest mornings of Brooke’s life.
After months of preparation, Brooke was finally ready to begin college. Her suitcases were packed, her bags were loaded into the car, and she stood outside the house holding her backpack tightly while Larry checked everything one last time.
Sharra stood beside him, smiling as she watched Brooke take pictures with her new college supplies.
“Are you sure you have everything?” Larry asked.
Brooke laughed. “Dad, you’ve asked me that five times already!”
“I know,” Larry replied with a smile. “I just want to make sure you’re ready.”
Sharra hugged Brooke and whispered, “This is your new beginning. Don’t let anything ruin it.”
Brooke nodded, but she suddenly became emotional.
“I’m excited… but I’m also nervous,” she admitted.
Larry immediately put his arm around her.
“You don’t have to be nervous. No matter where you go, you’ll always have us.”
The three of them climbed into the car and started their journey toward Brooke’s college.
For the first part of the drive, everything seemed peaceful. Brooke talked excitedly about her classes, her dorm room, and all the things she wanted to do once she arrived.
But suddenly, Larry’s phone began ringing.
He glanced at the screen.
His smile disappeared.
It was an emergency call.
Larry answered immediately.
“Hello?”
For several seconds, he said nothing.
Sharra looked at him carefully.
“Larry… what happened?”
Larry’s expression changed completely.
“What? Bethany?”
Brooke immediately turned around from the back seat.
“Dad? What happened to Bethany?”
Larry listened as the person on the other end explained the situation.
Then Larry suddenly pulled the car toward the side of the road.
“What hospital?” he asked urgently.
Another pause.
“Okay. We’re coming.”
Larry ended the call and stared straight ahead.
Sharra reached for his hand.
“Larry, tell me what happened.”
Larry took a deep breath.
“They said Bethany was found in serious condition.”
Brooke’s face went pale.
“What do you mean serious condition?”
Larry looked back at her.
“I don’t know everything yet. They just told me she needed help immediately.”
Brooke’s excitement about college disappeared instantly.
“Dad, we have to go see her.”
Larry shook his head.
“You’ve waited so long for this day. I promised I would get you to college.”
Brooke’s eyes filled with tears.
“I can’t just go to college while Bethany is in the hospital.”
Sharra tried to calm both of them.
“Let’s not make a decision until we know exactly what happened.”
Larry started the car again, but instead of continuing toward the college, he turned around.
Brooke stared out the window silently.
After several minutes, she finally spoke.
“Dad… do you think she’s going to be okay?”
Larry didn't answer immediately.
“I hope so, Brooke.”
Meanwhile, at the hospital, doctors were already rushing around Bethany’s room. The situation had become more serious than anyone initially realized.
Larry received another call.
This time, the doctor was on the line.
“Mr. Larry, you need to get here as soon as possible.”
Larry’s heart dropped.
“Is she conscious?”
There was a brief silence.
“She’s being monitored right now, but we need to speak with you when you arrive.”
Larry ended the call and looked at Sharra.
“They want me there immediately.”
Sharra nodded.
“Then we go.”
Brooke suddenly spoke.
“And I’m coming too.”
Larry looked at her.
“But college—”
“I’ll deal with college later,” Brooke said. “Right now, Bethany needs us.”
Larry realized there was no way he could convince her otherwise.
“Okay,” he said softly. “We’ll go together.”
The car sped toward the hospital.
Brooke sat quietly in the back seat, holding her phone in both hands. She kept checking it, hoping someone would call with good news.
Then, suddenly, a message appeared.
“Please pray for Bethany.”
Brooke froze.
“Dad…”
Larry looked into the rearview mirror.
“What?”
Brooke showed him the message.
Larry’s face became tense.
“Who sent that?”
“I don’t know.”
Sharra immediately told Brooke not to panic.
“We don't know what it means yet.”
But the fear inside the car was growing.
When they finally arrived at the hospital, Larry jumped out before the car had completely stopped.
He rushed through the entrance with Sharra and Brooke following behind him.
A nurse directed them toward Bethany’s room.
Larry reached the door and stopped.
For the first time that morning, he looked genuinely terrified.
Brooke grabbed his arm.
“Dad, go in.”
Larry slowly opened the door.
Everyone inside turned toward him.
The doctor walked over.
“Larry, we need to talk.”
Larry swallowed hard.
“Just tell me the truth. Is Bethany going to be okay?”
The doctor looked serious.
“We’re doing everything we can.”
Larry closed his eyes for a moment.
Brooke began crying.
Sharra pulled her into a hug.
And just like that, the day that was supposed to mark Brooke’s exciting new beginning had turned into a terrifying family emergency.
Brooke looked toward Bethany’s room and whispered:
“I just wanted to start college today… I never thought I would end up here.”
Larry put his hand on Brooke’s shoulder.
“College can wait. Family comes first.”
But none of them knew that the doctor's next words would change everything.
Because Bethany’s condition was about to take another unexpected turn—and Larry was about to face a decision that could affect the entire family.

Comments
Post a Comment