MA. The Divorce Attorney Is Waiting... But Bethany's Surgery Changes Everything! What Will Larry Do Next.🤯

The Divorce Attorney Is Waiting... But Bethany's Surgery Changes Everything! What Will Larry Do Next.🤯


Chapter 1: The Attorney Is Waiting

Larry sat in his car outside the attorney's office, staring at the building.

His divorce attorney was already waiting inside.

The papers were prepared.

All Larry had to do was walk through the door and begin the final process of ending his marriage to Bethany.

But before he could get out of the car, his phone suddenly rang.

It was Brooke.

"Dad... you need to get to the hospital right now!"

Larry's heart dropped.

"What happened?"

"Mom's surgery started earlier than expected."

Larry immediately forgot about the attorney.


Chapter 2: Larry Rushes to the Hospital

Larry drove straight to the hospital.

The divorce papers were still sitting untouched inside his briefcase.

When he arrived, Brooke was waiting outside the surgical unit.

"How is she?"

Brooke shook her head.

"She's still in surgery."

Larry looked toward the operating-room doors.

For months, he had been convinced that divorce was the only answer.

But now he was terrified that Bethany might never walk through those doors again.


Chapter 3: The Divorce Papers

Larry sat down and opened his briefcase.

The divorce documents were right there.

He stared at the signature page.

Then he remembered all the arguments, all the anger, and all the times he had told himself he was ready to move on.

Suddenly, none of it seemed as important.

Larry quietly whispered,

"What was I thinking?"

Brooke looked at him.

"Dad?"

Larry closed the folder.

"I'm not going to the attorney."


Chapter 4: The Doctor Comes Out

After what felt like hours, the surgeon finally appeared.

Larry immediately stood.

"Doctor, how is Bethany?"

The doctor explained that the procedure had been completed and Bethany was being closely monitored in recovery.

Larry's shoulders finally relaxed.

"Can I see her?"

"Once she's stable enough, we'll let you in."

Larry nodded.

For the first time all day, he allowed himself to breathe.


Chapter 5: Larry Makes His Decision

Larry called his attorney.

The attorney answered immediately.

"Are you on your way?"

Larry took a deep breath.

"No."

There was a pause.

"I want to postpone the divorce proceedings."

His attorney asked if he was certain.

Larry looked toward the surgical unit.

"After seeing what Bethany just went through, I know I can't make this decision out of anger."

The attorney agreed to discuss the legal next steps later.


Chapter 6: Bethany Wakes Up

Later that evening, Bethany slowly opened her eyes.

Larry was sitting beside her.

She looked surprised.

"Larry?"

"I'm here."

Her eyes moved toward the briefcase sitting on the chair.

"Did you go to the attorney?"

Larry shook his head.

"No."

Bethany stared at him.

"Why?"

Larry reached for her hand.

"Because while you were in surgery, I realized I wasn't ready to walk away from you."


Chapter 7: Bethany Is Shocked

Bethany became emotional.

"But you were so determined to divorce me."

"I was."

Larry didn't deny it.

"I thought ending our marriage would solve everything."

He paused.

"Then I watched you go into surgery, and suddenly I wasn't thinking about the divorce anymore."

Bethany whispered,

"What were you thinking about?"

Larry answered,

"How terrified I was that I might lose you."


Chapter 8: One Condition

Bethany wasn't immediately convinced.

"If we stay together, things can't go back to how they were."

Larry nodded.

"I know."

"No more threatening divorce whenever we're angry."

"Agreed."

"No more secrets."

"Agreed."

"And no pretending everything is fixed just because you decided not to sign the papers."

Larry squeezed her hand.

"Then we'll start over properly."


Chapter 9: The Attorney Gets a Surprise

The next morning, Larry's attorney called.

"I've put the divorce process on hold as you requested."

Larry thanked him.

Then the attorney asked,

"Are you certain you want to reconsider?"

Larry looked through the hospital-room window at Bethany.

"Yes."

"But I'm not pretending our problems disappeared."

"I'm choosing to find out whether we can actually fix them."

The attorney understood.


Chapter 10: What Will Larry Do Next?

Before leaving the hospital, Larry took the divorce papers from his briefcase.

He looked at them one last time.

Bethany watched silently.

Larry folded the documents and placed them away.

"I'm not signing these."

Bethany's eyes filled with tears.

"Does that mean we're okay?"

Larry shook his head.

"It means we're not giving up today."

Bethany smiled faintly.

Larry leaned closer.

"I came here today expecting to leave as a divorced man."

"But your surgery changed everything."

He held her hand.

"Now I want to see if we can build something better than what we had before."

But just as Bethany began to believe they might have another chance, Larry's phone suddenly buzzed.

It was a message from his attorney.

"Larry, there's something you need to know about Bethany's medical records before you make your final decision."

Larry's expression immediately changed.

Bethany noticed.

"What is it?"

Larry slowly looked up from the phone.

"I don't know yet."

And suddenly, the divorce papers weren't the only thing waiting to change their future...

TO BE CONTINUED... 😱💔

Comments