AP. 🚨 Breaking:Bethany comes out of surgery, and Larry instantly changes his mind. But there's one heartbreaking problem—Bethany has lost her memory and doesn't even recognize Larry anymore.😱
Chapter 1: Waiting Outside the Operating Room
Larry sat outside the operating room, staring at the floor.
For weeks, he had been preparing himself to end his marriage to Bethany.
The divorce papers were already prepared.
But everything changed when Bethany's medical emergency forced Larry to confront the possibility of losing her completely.
He kept looking toward the operating-room doors.
"Please make it through this," he whispered.
For the first time, the divorce didn't matter to him.
All he wanted was for Bethany to survive.
Chapter 2: The Doctor Finally Arrives
After hours of waiting, the operating-room doors finally opened.
The surgeon approached Larry.
"The surgery went as planned. Bethany is stable."
Larry immediately stood.
"Can I see her?"
The doctor nodded.
"She'll need time to recover, but you can see her once she's moved to recovery."
Larry closed his eyes in relief.
"Thank God."
Chapter 3: Larry Changes His Mind
Larry returned to the waiting area and pulled the divorce papers from his briefcase.
He stared at them for several seconds.
Then he slowly folded them back up.
"I'm done with this," he said.
Brooke looked at him.
"What do you mean?"
Larry's voice became emotional.
"I came here thinking I wanted a divorce."
"But when I thought I might lose her, I realized I don't want to spend another day fighting with her."
Larry decided that whatever happened next, he would not rush into divorce proceedings.
Chapter 4: Bethany Opens Her Eyes
Hours later, Bethany finally woke up.
Larry was sitting beside her hospital bed.
He immediately reached for her hand.
"Bethany..."
Her eyes slowly opened.
Larry smiled through tears.
"It's me. Larry."
Bethany stared at him.
There was no recognition in her eyes.
Larry's smile disappeared.
"Bethany?"
She looked frightened.
"Who are you?"
Larry froze.
Chapter 5: The Heartbreaking Question
Larry couldn't speak.
Bethany looked around the hospital room.
"Where am I?"
Larry tried to remain calm.
"You're in the hospital. You just had surgery."
Bethany looked at him again.
"And you?"
Larry swallowed hard.
"I'm Larry."
Bethany's expression remained confused.
"Larry... who?"
Those three words completely shattered him.
Chapter 6: The Doctor Explains
The doctor entered the room after hearing the conversation.
Larry immediately asked,
"Why doesn't she remember me?"
The doctor explained that Bethany's confusion and memory problems could be related to her medical condition and the effects of the treatment and anesthesia, but further evaluation would be needed to understand what was happening.
Larry asked,
"Will she remember?"
The doctor answered carefully.
"It's too early to know. We need to monitor her recovery."
Larry looked toward Bethany.
He had just decided he wanted to save their marriage.
Now the woman he wanted to fight for didn't even know who he was.
Chapter 7: Brooke Walks In
Brooke entered the room with tears in her eyes.
"Mom?"
Bethany looked at her.
Again, confusion appeared across her face.
"I'm sorry..."
Brooke stopped.
"You don't know me either?"
Bethany shook her head.
Brooke immediately started crying.
Larry wrapped an arm around her.
"Don't give up."
But inside, Larry was terrified.
The woman he had spent years building memories with had suddenly lost the connection to all of them.
Chapter 8: Larry Makes a Promise
That night, Larry sat beside Bethany's bed.
She was sleeping peacefully.
Larry looked at the divorce folder sitting inside his briefcase.
He finally took it out.
Then he tore up the paperwork.
"I'm not leaving you," he whispered.
"I don't care if you remember our first date."
"I don't care if you remember our wedding."
"I'll tell you everything again."
He wiped away his tears.
"And if I have to make you fall in love with me all over again, I'll do it."
Chapter 9: The First Memory
The next morning, Larry returned with an old photograph.
It showed him and Bethany smiling together years earlier.
He placed it beside her bed.
"That's us."
Bethany studied the picture.
"Was I happy?"
Larry smiled.
"Very."
"Was I happy with you?"
Larry's eyes filled with tears.
"You were my whole world."
Bethany stared at the photograph again.
Then something unexpected happened.
She touched Larry's hand.
"I don't remember you..."
She paused.
"But when you talk to me, I feel like I should."
Larry couldn't hold back his tears.
For the first time, there was hope.
Chapter 10: What Happened Next?
Days passed, and Larry refused to pressure Bethany.
Instead, he patiently reminded her about their life together.
He showed her photographs.
He told her funny stories.
He played songs they once loved.
He brought her favorite foods.
But he never demanded that she remember.
One evening, Bethany looked at him for several seconds.
"Larry?"
He immediately turned toward her.
"Yes?"
She smiled faintly.
"I think I've seen this place before."
Larry's heart raced.
"The hospital?"
Bethany shook her head.
"No..."
She looked directly into his eyes.
"Home."
Larry's eyes filled with tears.
He reached for her hand.
"That's right."
Bethany still couldn't remember everything.
But something inside her seemed to recognize the feeling of being safe with him.
Larry had arrived at the hospital prepared to say goodbye to his marriage.
Instead, Bethany's surgery changed his heart—and her memory loss gave them a completely unexpected second chance.
But the biggest question remained:
Will Bethany eventually remember Larry and their entire life together... or will Larry have to help her fall in love with him all over again? ðŸ˜ðŸ’”
TO BE CONTINUED...
Comments
Post a Comment